Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-12-2018, 09:48 PM   #21

Still no wheel

I picked up my new spare tire, but have not purchased the steel wheel. Discount Tire can get me the Ford wheel for $200. I just do not want to spend that much. Has znyone been successful at finding a wheel costing less. Please hive me the site, and exact part number.
Texas Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 09:55 PM   #22

TexasYankee, I recently purchased a wheel via ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16-1992-200...53.m2749.l2649

Some folks have had trouble purchasing as once they got one it didn't fit. I sent a note off to this supplier abut another one and he told me that this one would fit my 2018 E450 chassis. It's not a 4 hole as you can see, but the specs were aligned so I took a chance. When I went to get it mounted, before I did I had the tire guy check it on the front to see if it fit as some were having issues with the wheels bought hitting the rotor. He tried it for me and it fit with no problems with clearance. Only problem I had was in buying a Hankook LT tire from Walmart, they sent me a 4 ply, not the 10 ply needed. Returned it and bought another so I'm good to go. I'd drop that supplier a line just to confirm and give you peace of mind, but it seems to be$80 well spent.

Bob
GABob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 06:20 AM   #23

2018 spare wheel

I bought two of these and only need the one. I sent for one but it was too late arriving to use on my wyoming trip, so I bought a second one locally for $180. If anyone needs one of these wheels I would take $55 for it. I also have one from my 2006 Greyhawk for $25.The dealer had told me that I could use the spare from my 2006 but he was wrong.
30coupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2018, 08:44 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABob View Post
TexasYankee, I recently purchased a wheel via ebay:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/16-1992-200...53.m2749.l2649

Some folks have had trouble purchasing as once they got one it didn't fit. I sent a note off to this supplier abut another one and he told me that this one would fit my 2018 E450 chassis. It's not a 4 hole as you can see, but the specs were aligned so I took a chance. When I went to get it mounted, before I did I had the tire guy check it on the front to see if it fit as some were having issues with the wheels bought hitting the rotor. He tried it for me and it fit with no problems with clearance. Only problem I had was in buying a Hankook LT tire from Walmart, they sent me a 4 ply, not the 10 ply needed. Returned it and bought another so I'm good to go. I'd drop that supplier a line just to confirm and give you peace of mind, but it seems to be$80 well spent.

Bob

Can you confirm item or model numbe from Walmart site. Having a hard time finding the right one. Picking up my 2018 31FS this Saturday and this will be one of my first things to check off before our first trip out in the Spring.

Thanks
Pete
Studiovette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 07:26 AM   #25

Pete,

I couldn't find the right tire on Walmart so I went to the local Kaufmann/Mavis dealer. I just shopped for a 10 ply tire that had a comparable tread pattern. Just going to keep it for a spare that I'll hopefully never need. Fit's right under the bed, btw.
Old 10-24-2018, 07:31 AM   #26

Pete, One more thing when you pick it up. As they go through the walk thru, have the service guy check the pressure on EVERY tire. They didn't do that on mine and I found that they were all low when I got it home. I also had trouble with valves not closing so I had to take it back to get fixed. People have good and bad experiences with valve extenders, but unless you want to swap them out right away, you might want to see if they'll put them on, as I'm willing to bet they'll have a had time checking the outside duallys for you. I would watch them check each tire. Would also recommend investing in a tire pressure monitoring system, but you can install that yourself and save a few bucks.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:25 AM   #27

30coupe, please clarify exactly what you bought two of.
Old 10-31-2018, 11:27 AM   #28

GABob, it is hard enough checking air pressure with the four hole tire. How difficult checking pressure with smaller holes?
Old 10-31-2018, 11:35 AM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by GABob View Post
Pete, One more thing when you pick it up. As they go through the walk thru, have the service guy check the pressure on EVERY tire. They didn't do that on mine and I found that they were all low when I got it home. I also had trouble with valves not closing so I had to take it back to get fixed. People have good and bad experiences with valve extenders, but unless you want to swap them out right away, you might want to see if they'll put them on, as I'm willing to bet they'll have a had time checking the outside duallys for you. I would watch them check each tire. Would also recommend investing in a tire pressure monitoring system, but you can install that yourself and save a few bucks.
All great advice. I didn't see this until today but made it back safely. 1100 miles of driving from MO to NJ. It felt great. I had a lot of time to think about all the mods i wanted to do.
I can't understand how these vehicles don't come with tpms systems already installed. In today's day and age. Anyway will be installing one and also bouht a Vair 12v high powered air compressor.
I will be ordering a spare tire and got the stamp off of my wheel it reads 186872 but just realized I got the wrong number. Lol
Old 11-01-2018, 06:10 AM   #30

I have the correct one for the 2018 E450 for $55 and one from my 2006 E450 which will not fit the later (2012 and up) E450.
Old 11-01-2018, 06:14 AM   #31

Just pmd you. I will gladly take the 2018 one if you're willing to ship to me.
Let me know.
Thx!
Old 11-02-2018, 06:56 AM   #32

Yes I will ship it to you. I see that you already gave me your zip. Shipping looked expensive. I will check with greyhound to see if they are cheaper.
Chuck