Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-01-2021, 09:15 PM   #1

Stereo Problem(Need Suggestions)

Okay I know from reading this blog that people have had many issues with the stero, nav, camera systems. I have a Jayco Greyhawk 2015 31fs. Came home the other night after some bad storms on northern ny State. I noticed that the monitor was just showing white lines across the screen. I have not been able to get it to do anything else which is a problem bc the backup and side view cameras are effected as well. I can not get it to do anything but show white lines across the screen. Any suggestions woiuld be greatly appreciated. Thanks
NjNewbie30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 11:09 PM   #2

If you happen to have the Jensen JRV215N, then the only thing that completely reset and restored mine was to disconnect BOTH batteries. Both. Wait 60 seconds then reconnect. Brought mine back to life.
Old 07-02-2021, 08:07 AM   #3

Thanks

I will try that. I hope it works for me. I really appreciate your response...
Old 07-02-2021, 11:24 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjNewbie30 View Post
I will try that. I hope it works for me. I really appreciate your response...

If that doesn't work, Don's suggestion about replacing the headunit was the best response.
Old 07-02-2021, 03:42 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
If that doesn't work, Don's suggestion about replacing the headunit was the best response.
Uh oh, I pulled that suggestion when I thought yours was so much better. I knew both power sources fed the head unit but it really never occurred to me to reset it that way. A rather big brain fart on my part.
Old 07-03-2021, 04:23 AM   #6

What suggestion was that. I tried the batteries and it did not wrk. I am willing to try anything at this point. Thanks
Old 07-03-2021, 06:01 AM   #7

Quote:
What suggestion was that. I tried the batteries and it did not wrk. I am willing to try anything at this point. Thanks
The option I mentioned (and deleted after I saw pconroy's suggestion) was to replace it. There's some really good options out there from Pioneer or Kenwood that are much better than the JRV215. However, I replaced mine with a Jensen JRV9000 simply because I wanted to go the easiest route. All I had to do was rewire the main plug using a handful of butt splices.

A Kenwood or Pioneer is the only option if you want imap or Android Auto but you'll have to do some extra work to get the cameras to auto change. Personally I don't care about the cameras and I'm currently using the RV760 for navigation.
Old 07-03-2021, 01:23 PM   #8

Quote:

I'm out of ideas. Pulling power from both batteries reset mine.

I'm with Don. I have that unit and it's a bear, but I'm too cheap to replace it. Your best option would be a new headunit, if you have the budget.

If not, you can pull it out of the dash (which is a chore) and then see if someone in your area knows how to debug it.

When mine dies, it's going into the electronics recycle bin.
Old 07-03-2021, 01:47 PM   #9

Let us know what you have (make and model#), perhaps a picture of it would help. I replaced mine with one similar to this one in the link below, not a name brand but because it is Android based I can load all the same apps as an Android phone, in particular google maps and my radar and a host of other apps. Not to mention it does apple car play (and the equivalent android car play). Being how the E450 (and E350) based Class C's are setup, the 10.1 inch display screen doesn't block the A/C vents or anything else on the dash, and is very eye friendly while driving. I will also add that it sounds a lot better than what I replaced, likely due to the graphically controlled audio equalizer in it.

In any case, I will check as I think I saved the radio that was in it prior to me swapping it out and if so and if it is a match for yours I would consider just giving it to you for the cost of shipping, not sure why I hang on to things like that anyway, however mine being a 2010, it is probably not the same as you have. ~CA

https://www.amazon.com/YODY-Bluetoot...5341226&sr=8-3