Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-01-2015, 12:50 PM   #1

Still more quality issues with Jayco

Well after talking to Jayco and confirming that they have not installed the mic for the Bluetooth in the radio. I went ahead and removed the engine cover to see if I can see the jack on the rear of the radio. I found that Jayco had installed the radio system and video by just running wires all over the place. Wire were just hanging down ever place.

These wires and video connections are just ran the easy way, with no concern where they hang. When I removed the engine doghouse (cover) I found that there was two wires pinched in the seal of the doghouse. Wires on the passenger side were just hanging down and tucked in behind the kick panel.

Also the generator bypass button wires were just loose and not even taped or placed in a harness.

Went ahead and taped all connection and loose wires. Installed two dozen zip ties. I removed the wire ties (like the ones that come on a loaf of bread).

I do love my 31DS but do think Jayco needs to look at quality
Attached Thumbnails
Jayco 31DS Dash 1.jpg   Jayco 31DS Dash 2.jpg   Jayco 31DS Dash 3.jpg  
Old 02-02-2015, 08:35 AM   #2

Whatever you do, don't unscrew the cover over the power center and look in there.
I noticed the squirrels nest under the drivers kick panel. It is pretty bad. However, it works.
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 10:32 AM   #3

I went on Facebook not too long ago and mentioned that their QC wasn't doing their job. Don't recall getting a reply. It's a sad day when you see their video of "love, peace, harmony, and putting their souls into the RV...... I guess they ran out !

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 01:38 PM   #4

No points for neatness. Speed is all that counts.

EDUCATION is what you get when you read the fine print.....
EXPERIENCE is what you get when you don't.
tnchuck100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:57 PM   #5

Do I need to be looking into my 31ds radio wiring?
12 greyhawk 31ds
14 scion iq
14 outback
Any day above ground is a great day.
Truggy4320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 06:33 AM   #6

The only reason that I looked at it was to see if I could get at the back of the radio to install the bluetooth mic that Jayco left in my info pack and did not install. Oh well guess I am off the the local radio shop to have the radio removed.....
Old 02-04-2015, 06:40 AM   #7

I guess Jayco really does not a good reason to improve their "quality control" as long as people just keep on buying them.
The name of their game seems to be: Make more units in less time, to increase profit
linkbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 06:50 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by linkbelt View Post
I guess Jayco really does not a good reason to improve their "quality control" as long as people just keep on buying them.
The name of their game seems to be: Make more units in less time, to increase profit
Believe me, that is the name of the game for all of the manufacturers. Jayco is not the only one. If you go on any of the forums, you will see all kinds of complaints and ranting's going on. Jayco is the only one who gives you two years to get all the problems worked out.
I am on my third unit over a 20 year period and have been extremely satisfied. Yes, I am having some problems with my newest unit, but believe me, I am finding all the problems within the 2 year period and my dealer has taken care of all of them without a problem.

Joe Hinson
2010 Jayco Quest G2(SOLD)
2014 Jayco Eagle 33.5RETS
2007 Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins(SOLD)
2015 Ram 2500 6.7L Cummins 4WD
:)
namusmc65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2015, 07:07 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbss View Post
Oh well guess I am off the the local radio shop to have the radio removed.....
You should be able to pull the radio, the fingers or keys to unlock it should be in your owners packet as well. I pulled the ones in both my 01 DESIGNER on the E-450 as well as the one in the SENECA. Easy peasy.
Old 02-04-2015, 11:11 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy View Post
You should be able to pull the radio, the fingers or keys to unlock it should be in your owners packet as well. I pulled the ones in both my 01 DESIGNER on the E-450 as well as the one in the SENECA. Easy peasy.
I found the keys do you know where to insert them?
Old 02-04-2015, 11:44 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbss View Post
I found the keys do you know where to insert them?
Remove the front bezel and one slides in on each side. You should hear a slight click when they are all the way in.
Old 02-06-2015, 04:56 AM   #12

Grumpy how do you remove the front bezel. Is it easy?
Looked online but can not find any info.

Thanks for the help
Chuck
Old 02-06-2015, 07:19 AM   #13

The trim around the radio face "should" just pop off unless the newer models require all the dash trim to be removed. I haven't seen the new E-450 dash so hopefully someone else will chime in.
Old 02-06-2015, 01:01 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by namusmc65 View Post
Believe me, that is the name of the game for all of the manufacturers. Jayco is not the only one. If you go on any of the forums, you will see all kinds of complaints and ranting's going on. Jayco is the only one who gives you two years to get all the problems worked out.
I am on my third unit over a 20 year period and have been extremely satisfied. Yes, I am having some problems with my newest unit, but believe me, I am finding all the problems within the 2 year period and my dealer has taken care of all of them without a problem.
I really like the statement "Jayco is the only one who gives you two years to get all the problems worked out". Vendors and dealers want to be profitable and if THEY have to spend THEIR time/dime to resolve rig quality issues, you'll see improved QC! The message to all of us should be: DON'T fix it yourself or invalidate your warranty; DO keep a detailed punch list, DO have the dealer fix it to your satisfaction while under warranty, and DO highlight as urgent any safety or health issues!

Genealogy Community Social Group Moderator
Hattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 01:47 PM   #15

If you do your own work on your Jayco, you do run the risk of making your warranty void. You are in effect working for Jayco for free.

This is exactly why I won't check my stuff out at places like walmart, because I refuse to do their job of free.
linkbelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 03:52 PM   #16

I have to say that one of the major reasons I purchased a Jayco was the 2 year warranty....the icing on the cake was that I purchased at the Dallas RV Show last year and got 5 year warranty....nothing else comes close! Needless to say, I will keep this thing for at least 5 years before considering upgrading my 28BHBE!!
Bookemdanno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 08:08 AM   #17

"The trim around the radio face "should" just pop off unless the newer models require all the dash trim to be removed. I haven't seen the new E-450 dash so hopefully someone else will chime in. "

My 2015 Redhawk E450 had the standard radio, no cd player, and a very poor radio on AM. I replaced it with Kenwood DVD player. The E450 chassis is actually a 2014 model.

To remove my radio, you had to remove the front dash trim, as the radio is bolted in with 4 screws! You have to drop the steering wheel (4 nuts), and then unsnap the whole plastic dash covering, and along the way disconnect a couple wires.

Chuck / Winter Park, FL
myflyertrains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:40 PM   #18

Call Corp. HQ and they should tell you to go back to the dealer and an 'audio guy' will take care of it... I am still waiting for my appointment since the owner of my nearest dealer is on vacation - with my money ! $75,000

I refuse to get my hands dirty to fix something on a brand new unit!

I would love to have a Ford Stock radio since you know it wasn't messed with.

Carl-
chevyman30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 06:45 AM   #19

Well I got a email from Jayco about my radio and the Mic for the blue tooth

Begin forwarded message:

Date: April 14, 2015 at 7:22:04 AM PDT
To: "'cbss_computers@hotmail.com'" <cbss_computers@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Contact Customer Service

Mr. Bradford
The best thing that we can suggest is to contact ASA at 800-274-1886 or by email at info@asaelectronics.com

Paul Martin
Jayco,INC
Motorized Customer Service
1-800-283-8267

Called and still waiting to here back from them.
Old 04-16-2015, 10:44 AM   #20

cbss,
I think that Paul assumes you are out on your own and away from a dealer and therefore never suggests anyinteraction with your local dealer. IMHO this is CRAP. He was the guy who answered my call and told me that the only way to get the pinched wires in the coach I just drove off the lot, was to have me pay ford and then submit a claim. Pure BS IMHO. The dealer is now handling it and I have no out of pocket expenses for the work needed.
2012 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid (our TOAD on a DEMCO Dolly)
DW, DSx2, DDx2 Catx2 Dog
Tampa Bay Area of FL
CarlB is offline   Reply With Quote