Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-23-2022, 09:33 PM   #1

Strange water flow direction!

I have a 2019 Redhawk 25R. I did a sanitation today on my fresh water tank. I used a bleach mixture in a gallon of water and siphoned it into the tank using the winterizing positions on my manifold, after sucking up the gallon of bleach mixture I switched the manifold to the “tank fill position”. I went inside to check a few plumbing repairs I did a while ago in the bathroom. I found bleach water on the floor and noticed the fitting on the back of my toilet supply line was leaking, due to me cross threading it after I replaced the flush valve.

It’s odd to me that there is water pressure at the toilets supply line when the manifold was in both of the above settings. I removed the bowl and added a shutoff , and continued filling my tank to complete the sanitation. (I’ll fix the bowl leak tomorrow) has any one else ever noticed water pressure present with these settings? Is my manifold screwed up,(manifold was also replaced last spring)

Heading out to do a shakedown on Monday, hopefully I’ll have a bowl to use!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2022, 09:49 PM   #2

I have a 2014 Seneca but I suspect they are plumbed similarly. Attached is a diagram/explanation of the valving on my rig and when in the various positions there still is a path to the house fixtures.

This may be the cause of what you are experiencing.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf manifold operation-r.pdf (682.1 KB, 18 views)
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2022, 04:24 PM   #3

Thanks Robbbyr, yea, it’s odd but I gues the manifold can only divert some much. I wouldn’t of guessed there was water pressure present at any fixtures while filling the FW tank!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote