Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-02-2016, 10:06 AM   #11

Yea, my mh. had the normal things that needed to be fixed. Leaky kitchen faucet, floor tile, broke floor vent, tv wireing, water pump, outside air venting into coach, shower leaking. My first appointment was Oct. 2015. I took the mh. to the dealership early on Sept. 18 2015 just so it would be their, and in their hands. I told them we must have it by Dec. 12, because we had a trip planned with the family. They said ok. We called before Dec. 12 to see if would be ready for pickup, and they said yes. On Dec. 12 the mh. was in the shop, and not ready. We put everything back together, and left for the trip. We were gone for 5-6 days, and returned home. The dealership did say they would come get the mh. At my house, and drive it back to the dealership. We live 120 miles away from the dealership. I know the parts never were ordered the first time it was their. So from Dec. to March, we are still waiting! I did receive a notice from the dealership that all parts were in this week. You know, I guess a person just gets to the point where you just give up! I'm tired of worrying about it! I'm tired of arguing with them! I'm tired of trying to figure them out! The worst thing about it is it has been outside in the elements all winter! The dealership did say they would detail the mh, and fill it with fuel. For some reason that doesn't make me smile.

Mwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 07:57 AM   #12

Man I totally understand. Major problems with both my previous Motorhomes landed me back in Indiana for the FR class c and back in Alabama for the tiffin class a. I hardly ever deal with service or dealers, but those were major ordeals. Both times, sternly made it known, I'm arriving this day, leaving this day, make it happen. And of course I always report good, or drag them under the bus depending on results.

2015 Jayco Jay Flight 28BHBE (#8)
BigJohnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 01:44 PM   #13

Oh, I forgot to mention I did come up with a name for the my MH. "Stranger"
Old 03-04-2016, 04:04 PM   #14

Picking her up tomorrow !! Its been 2 months and I miss the ol' girl.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:14 PM   #15

Great! I think mine will be ready next week!
Old 03-06-2016, 04:42 PM   #16

Got her home, kept her on shore power overnight to condition the house battery. This morning I took her for a full tank of gas, added some StarTron concentrate to keep the ethanol at bay, then drove her to her covered storage slip.

Ran the genny for 2 hours w/ 2 space heaters cranking to get that fresh stabalized fuel running through the system and to get the genny some exercise.

Its good to have her home !

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 09:48 PM   #17

Stranger is now home! Will take some time for us to re-a quant ourselves. Haha!
Old 03-18-2016, 04:26 AM   #18

Yet another Club I am in!

I will preface this by saying that I told the dealer the rig would be in Storage until April and they did find additional work that I was not aware of... but when I dropped it off at the end of October they told me all the work would be completed in a few weeks... I always thought a few meant 2 not 20.

I don't have Jopopsy's covered storage... But I do put a winter cover on and am less then happy to have had the rig exposed to the rigours of Mother Nature unnecessarily. Hopefully she will be home soon. With the mild winter we have had I am hoping to have her on the road soon!

Griswald One - Life is a Misadventure!
2015 Greyhawk 29ME / Chevy Sonic
Griswald One is offline   Reply With Quote