Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-06-2015, 10:30 AM   #1

Successful 4th of July Trip!

We finally got the Greyhawk 31FS out for her second major voyage this weekend to Martin Dies Jr. State Park outside of Jasper, Tx. Highly recommend this park, we had a great time. The Jasper 4th of July fireworks show was AMAZING and we all agreed we would go again!

Have really gotten things sorted out in the coach, and all systems were go without a hitch thank goodness!

We fill the darn grey tank up quickly which is a pain, but is what it is. It's summer, it's hot, we get sweaty, and we take two showers a day! I have no issue emptying it more to stay comfortable...and it's hard to force a 6 and 9 year old to take short showers LOL.

I appreciate everyone's input on this forum, I have gotten so much information from everyone on here it's amazing! Thanks for it all!
YouTube - PaleoHikerMD
DocHarvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 11:51 AM   #2

Try camping w/o a tankless hot water system. Short showers work themselves out all by themselves.

BTW, enjoyed your tankless hot water Youtube Video.
Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 12:01 PM   #3

Thanks! Funny thing is it was so hot we mainly took cold showers anyway! And I have to say, it takes very little time for the hot water heater to work. We have an oxygenics shower head, and I would say from the time we turn the water on to the time it is at the temp we want, its less than 10 seconds.

Many have complained about the tankless heater, but we actually find it works well if you just know how to handle it. Is it picky at times? Yes! Does the temp fluctuate at times? Sure! But, we have endless hot water. So, now it's the size of the grey tank that is the issue and not the hot water heater tank LOL

And thanks for watching the video!
YouTube - PaleoHikerMD
DocHarvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 12:02 PM   #4

I have to remember to pull that Oxygenics head off the unit I'm trading in this Saturday. *Note to self, note to self*
Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 05:14 AM   #5

We have camped at Martin Dies, that is a great park with a ton of great rv sites. The canoeing was a blast with the kids.. Only wish the fishing was better when we were there. In the summer we take full advantage of the outdoor shower when possible... You will learn over time how to conserve water.. At times I wished there was a way to transfer grey water into the black tank...
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2015, 11:42 AM   #6

Would a "honey pot" portable blue tank be an answer to your capacity problem?
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote