Jayco RV Owners Forum
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 11-10-2019, 09:29 AM   #1
Senior Member
 
GABob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 117
Super C or Class A?

Just a question for those of you who have Super Cís. Why did you go with that choice over a Class A? Starting to look at an upgrade in the future and would appreciate thoughts on pros and cons. Thanks!
__________________

__________________
2019 Entegra Odyssey 31L
GABob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 10:26 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
SloPoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Sandy, Utah (Salt Lake City)
Posts: 1,544
Many reasons...

Service -
Call a Freightliner Service department and get a quote on annual maintenance on a M2 chassis - then on a diesel Pusher. There are two different service schedules on the two chassis and the DP is about 15% higher than the M2. Next ask about service appointments, a DP has specific days when they take them in to look at them - an M2 is taken any day of the week.

If you do your own service... then pop the hood of an M2 and see where everything is within arms reach - Next try that on a DP. (don't hit your head)

Driveability / Safety / Convenience
Sitting behind the steer tires is where you do in your car/truck today. There is a learning curve when you start to drive sitting in forward of the steer tires. Not to mention the case of a front impact collision.
A SuperC has forward doors for the driver and co-pilot. Much easier for the driver who is backing up / hooking up a trailer/toad. I can jump out the drivers door and be at the back hitch in a few seconds compared to most Class-A without a drivers side door.
__________________

__________________
Steve & Stacy,
Oliver, Ned and Ellie ( Yellow Lab, Red Lab, Border Collie/Boxer)
2015 Seneca 36FK
2007 Toyota FJC - on the trailer
2019 Coors Light - in the fridge

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 10:33 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,434
This might just be a Colorado thing, but chipped windshields are a fact of life out here. You either have a vehicle with a chip or one that's going to get chipped soon.


I can't imagine what a $$ pain $$ it must be to replace one of those Class A Picture Windows up front.



I'd prefer a windshield that's common and stocked about everywhere.
__________________
2016 Greyhawk 31FK
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 02:35 PM   #4
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: British Columbia
Posts: 49
SloPoke summed it up quite nicely for our reasoning for going with a super C

Bruce
__________________
2018 Seneca 37ts
2017 Jeep Wrangler
Bruceter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 03:58 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Chester
Posts: 142
For us the DW feels much safer in the Super C than in a Class A. Me, I like the ease of getting to things under the hood of the S2RV chassis. We completed our 3 day 300 mile shakedown of the Accolade 37TS a couple ago.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:30 PM   #6
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Litchfield Park
Posts: 50
Drove an A for three years. Hated the draft when trucks were passing. Hated the side to side sway. If I wanted to sway from side to side, I'd get a boat. Pre-flight is much easier, I just open the hood and everything is right there. Having a Cummins 360, with a steel frame and bumper protecting us from a front collision.

Driving it is a pleasure, no fatigue, no more constantly holding onto the steering wheel. No more white knuckling, I drive with one hand. Ease of refueling, no more dragging diesel through the coach on my shoes. It feels natural to drive. Sitting behind the steer wheels and engine is much more comfortable. I could go on, but mostly, driving the A was like driving a Hugo, this is like driving a Lincon Town Car. One last thing, if you decide to go with a Super C, you will not regret it. No matter where we go, people stop and steer at you I have so many people come over and want to know what it is. For the most part, all the A's look a like. Super C's, well there are not enough of us out there and people like the look. A few weeks ago, we were at a FMCA rally in Tucson, over 400 motorhomes, 4 Super C's.
__________________
2019 Seneca RB
1 Wife & 2 Chocolate Labs
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9
LaMigra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 01:00 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Manchester Center
Posts: 1,035
As most have said, ease of driving and solid cab. If you have driven a pickup truck and towed a trailer you will have little or no learning curve. Tail swing and height are probably some of the major things you have to learn. I have gotten the rig into some pretty tight spots and the ability to get out the doors quickly is a plus.

If your heart is dead set at burning cash at the ultra luxurious rv resorts you are out of luck as many of those only allow class a rigs.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:34 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Location: Chester
Posts: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMigra View Post
Drove an A for three years. Hated the draft when trucks were passing. Hated the side to side sway. If I wanted to sway from side to side, I'd get a boat. Pre-flight is much easier, I just open the hood and everything is right there. Having a Cummins 360, with a steel frame and bumper protecting us from a front collision.

Driving it is a pleasure, no fatigue, no more constantly holding onto the steering wheel. No more white knuckling, I drive with one hand. Ease of refueling, no more dragging diesel through the coach on my shoes. It feels natural to drive. Sitting behind the steer wheels and engine is much more comfortable. I could go on, but mostly, driving the A was like driving a Hugo, this is like driving a Lincon Town Car. One last thing, if you decide to go with a Super C, you will not regret it. No matter where we go, people stop and steer at you I have so many people come over and want to know what it is. For the most part, all the A's look a like. Super C's, well there are not enough of us out there and people like the look. A few weeks ago, we were at a FMCA rally in Tucson, over 400 motorhomes, 4 Super C's.
Should we start an FMCA Chapter like they have for a number of different pushers?
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:13 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
Mark S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Davie, Fl.
Posts: 847
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
As most have said, ease of driving and solid cab. If you have driven a pickup truck and towed a trailer you will have little or no learning curve. Tail swing and height are probably some of the major things you have to learn. I have gotten the rig into some pretty tight spots and the ability to get out the doors quickly is a plus.

If your heart is dead set at burning cash at the ultra luxurious rv resorts you are out of luck as many of those only allow class a rigs.
It is my understanding that many of the Class A resorts will accept Super Cs.
__________________
Mark and Joanne
2018 Jayco Seneca 37TS (M2)
2014 Jeep Wrangler
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:42 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
SloPoke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Sandy, Utah (Salt Lake City)
Posts: 1,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
If your heart is dead set at burning cash at the ultra luxurious rv resorts you are out of luck as many of those only allow class a rigs.
As Mark notes below... Some of them have allowed us into them. When we called for reservations, they told us no at first. Once I explained to them what a Seneca was, it's size and they googled it and saw pictures of it - they were quick to change their mind. We stayed a week on the waterfront, spent a fortune on that week space rent and would still prefer to boondock instead anytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
It is my understanding that many of the Class A resorts will accept Super Cs.
__________________
Steve & Stacy,
Oliver, Ned and Ellie ( Yellow Lab, Red Lab, Border Collie/Boxer)
2015 Seneca 36FK
2007 Toyota FJC - on the trailer
2019 Coors Light - in the fridge

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:58 AM   #11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Manchester Center
Posts: 1,035
I stand corrected. It appears that you can stay at those luxury resorts.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:34 PM   #12
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: Litchfield Park
Posts: 50
Ive been to two FMCA Freighliner training rally's. It's sad, but the training is geared toward A's. They don't even mention the S2RV chassis during the training.

I agree, we should start a FMCA Chapter for Super C's. At the FMCA Rally in Tucson, there was over 400 motorhomes, and only 4 Super C's. Two Seneca's and 2 Renegades. We are already of an exclusive club, should make it official.
__________________
2019 Seneca RB
1 Wife & 2 Chocolate Labs
2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9
LaMigra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:17 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Harlingen
Posts: 206
X2 on everything said! we went from a Winnebago Tour to a Seneca.
__________________

whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jayco, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:31 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.
×