Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-10-2019, 09:29 AM   #1

Super C or Class A?

Just a question for those of you who have Super C’s. Why did you go with that choice over a Class A? Starting to look at an upgrade in the future and would appreciate thoughts on pros and cons. Thanks!
Old 11-10-2019, 10:26 AM   #2

Many reasons...

Service -
Call a Freightliner Service department and get a quote on annual maintenance on a M2 chassis - then on a diesel Pusher. There are two different service schedules on the two chassis and the DP is about 15% higher than the M2. Next ask about service appointments, a DP has specific days when they take them in to look at them - an M2 is taken any day of the week.

If you do your own service... then pop the hood of an M2 and see where everything is within arms reach - Next try that on a DP. (don't hit your head)

Driveability / Safety / Convenience
Sitting behind the steer tires is where you do in your car/truck today. There is a learning curve when you start to drive sitting in forward of the steer tires. Not to mention the case of a front impact collision.
A SuperC has forward doors for the driver and co-pilot. Much easier for the driver who is backing up / hooking up a trailer/toad. I can jump out the drivers door and be at the back hitch in a few seconds compared to most Class-A without a drivers side door.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 10:33 AM   #3

This might just be a Colorado thing, but chipped windshields are a fact of life out here. You either have a vehicle with a chip or one that's going to get chipped soon.

I can't imagine what a $$ pain $$ it must be to replace one of those Class A Picture Windows up front.

I'd prefer a windshield that's common and stocked about everywhere.
Old 11-10-2019, 02:35 PM   #4

SloPoke summed it up quite nicely for our reasoning for going with a super C

Bruce
Old 11-10-2019, 03:58 PM   #5

For us the DW feels much safer in the Super C than in a Class A. Me, I like the ease of getting to things under the hood of the S2RV chassis. We completed our 3 day 300 mile shakedown of the Accolade 37TS a couple ago.
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 09:30 PM   #6

Drove an A for three years. Hated the draft when trucks were passing. Hated the side to side sway. If I wanted to sway from side to side, I'd get a boat. Pre-flight is much easier, I just open the hood and everything is right there. Having a Cummins 360, with a steel frame and bumper protecting us from a front collision.

Driving it is a pleasure, no fatigue, no more constantly holding onto the steering wheel. No more white knuckling, I drive with one hand. Ease of refueling, no more dragging diesel through the coach on my shoes. It feels natural to drive. Sitting behind the steer wheels and engine is much more comfortable. I could go on, but mostly, driving the A was like driving a Hugo, this is like driving a Lincon Town Car. One last thing, if you decide to go with a Super C, you will not regret it. No matter where we go, people stop and steer at you I have so many people come over and want to know what it is. For the most part, all the A's look a like. Super C's, well there are not enough of us out there and people like the look. A few weeks ago, we were at a FMCA rally in Tucson, over 400 motorhomes, 4 Super C's.

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9
LaMigra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 01:00 AM   #7

As most have said, ease of driving and solid cab. If you have driven a pickup truck and towed a trailer you will have little or no learning curve. Tail swing and height are probably some of the major things you have to learn. I have gotten the rig into some pretty tight spots and the ability to get out the doors quickly is a plus.

If your heart is dead set at burning cash at the ultra luxurious rv resorts you are out of luck as many of those only allow class a rigs.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 07:34 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaMigra View Post
Drove an A for three years. Hated the draft when trucks were passing. Hated the side to side sway. If I wanted to sway from side to side, I'd get a boat. Pre-flight is much easier, I just open the hood and everything is right there. Having a Cummins 360, with a steel frame and bumper protecting us from a front collision.

Driving it is a pleasure, no fatigue, no more constantly holding onto the steering wheel. No more white knuckling, I drive with one hand. Ease of refueling, no more dragging diesel through the coach on my shoes. It feels natural to drive. Sitting behind the steer wheels and engine is much more comfortable. I could go on, but mostly, driving the A was like driving a Hugo, this is like driving a Lincon Town Car. One last thing, if you decide to go with a Super C, you will not regret it. No matter where we go, people stop and steer at you I have so many people come over and want to know what it is. For the most part, all the A's look a like. Super C's, well there are not enough of us out there and people like the look. A few weeks ago, we were at a FMCA rally in Tucson, over 400 motorhomes, 4 Super C's.
Should we start an FMCA Chapter like they have for a number of different pushers?
Old 11-11-2019, 08:13 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
As most have said, ease of driving and solid cab. If you have driven a pickup truck and towed a trailer you will have little or no learning curve. Tail swing and height are probably some of the major things you have to learn. I have gotten the rig into some pretty tight spots and the ability to get out the doors quickly is a plus.

If your heart is dead set at burning cash at the ultra luxurious rv resorts you are out of luck as many of those only allow class a rigs.
It is my understanding that many of the Class A resorts will accept Super Cs.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:42 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
As Mark notes below... Some of them have allowed us into them. When we called for reservations, they told us no at first. Once I explained to them what a Seneca was, it's size and they googled it and saw pictures of it - they were quick to change their mind. We stayed a week on the waterfront, spent a fortune on that week space rent and would still prefer to boondock instead anytime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
It is my understanding that many of the Class A resorts will accept Super Cs.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 09:58 AM   #11

I stand corrected. It appears that you can stay at those luxury resorts.
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2019, 08:34 PM   #12

Ive been to two FMCA Freighliner training rally's. It's sad, but the training is geared toward A's. They don't even mention the S2RV chassis during the training.

I agree, we should start a FMCA Chapter for Super C's. At the FMCA Rally in Tucson, there was over 400 motorhomes, and only 4 Super C's. Two Seneca's and 2 Renegades. We are already of an exclusive club, should make it official.

"Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God." Matthew 5:9
Old 11-11-2019, 09:17 PM   #13

X2 on everything said! we went from a Winnebago Tour to a Seneca.
whporwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 08:17 PM   #14

Just finished 4200 miles in our Seneca. No driver fatigue no buffeting from semi's pulls hills like a real truck with you toad just following along. I really agree with those who think we need a group for FMCA for the Supers.
Gunfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 05:16 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfighter View Post
Just finished 4200 miles in our Seneca. No driver fatigue no buffeting from semi's pulls hills like a real truck with you toad just following along. I really agree with those who think we need a group for FMCA for the Supers.
I created a poll on IRV2 to see how much interest there would be in forming a FMCA Super C chapter. I also downloaded some stuff from FMCA on creating a chapter. We'll see what kind of interest is out there. The poll will run for 3 weeks.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk TOAD
Old 11-16-2019, 06:10 AM   #16

i voted
Old 11-16-2019, 09:28 AM   #17

I Voted

I also voted on IRV2.com. There is a public group on Facebook for Super C's
Gunfighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 10:14 AM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunfighter View Post
I also voted on IRV2.com. There is a public group on Facebook for Super C's
I refuse to do anything with Facebook or do businesses that require I use Facebook.
Old 11-16-2019, 01:05 PM   #19

[QUOTE=EA37TS;810253]I created a poll on IRV2 to see how much interest there would be in forming a FMCA Super C chapter. I also downloaded some stuff from FMCA on creating a chapter. We'll see what kind of interest is out there. The poll will run for 3 weeks.[/QUOTE

Voted, thanks for doing that. Should be interesting. Has anyone posted the vote in RVillage or on Xcapees?

Old 11-16-2019, 01:57 PM   #20

[QUOTE=LaMigra;810332]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
I created a poll on IRV2 to see how much interest there would be in forming a FMCA Super C chapter. I also downloaded some stuff from FMCA on creating a chapter. We'll see what kind of interest is out there. The poll will run for 3 weeks.[/QUOTE

Voted, thanks for doing that. Should be interesting. Has anyone posted the vote in RVillage or on Xcapees?
I have not. The last time I looked there were 5 yes and 1 no. An associate chapter needs 7 members ands full chapter needs 15.