Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-18-2017, 12:11 PM   #1

Super c vs A

Do the class A pushers "live" better than the super C's? Seems like there is more useable room in the A's. We bought the Seneca almost 2 years ago without really looking at anything else.

Thoughts??
Old 03-18-2017, 12:22 PM   #2

There are pros and cons to both. You may get more living space in an A, and you may not. Depends how you use the space over the cab. If you use the bed over the cab then that would b a loss of space in the A anyway. Not having looked at anything else means you will likely see other things you like better. They key is to enjoy what you have until you find the thing you think is perfect for your needs (at least at that point in time). The Seneca is still a nice RV and should be more than comfortable enough to enjoy so you can look around and decide what you want without feeling rushed.
Old 03-18-2017, 02:35 PM   #3

Agree with enjoying what we have. No doubt the Seneca is a very nice unit and it tows a 20' enclosed trailer very well! I think this year is the year to see how much we get away and how much more we want to get away!! As a business owner it can be tough to get away but as they say it just takes planning!! It does seem like the TS model with an opposing couch would entertain better than the straight in a line way most of the seating is laid out.
Old 03-18-2017, 04:49 PM   #4

The TS opposing slides are indeed nice, really opens things up and makes it more "homey". There are times during visits it would be nice to have the cab seats turn around, but it is not possible due to the lower cab floor.

There certainly is considerable variety in the RV market today, most everyone can find a floorplan that works for them. I do love the layout, sleeping capacity, and driving dynamics of my Seneca!
Attached Thumbnails
Cab drape.jpg  
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 07:11 PM   #5

The openness of the TS and the extra couch is really nice!
Old 03-18-2017, 08:44 PM   #6

Spent time in a Class A, although never owned one. We have an older Seneca, and it's just right for what we want from our RV now. My impression is that Class A units are a bit more like your living room space when the seats are turned around, and are maybe just a bit better for a full-timing couple with no kids, when you aren't moving too often. The Super C is better if you are on the move often, and if you need to sleep a lot of people, kids especially. Very handy having that overhead bed, although not quite as much feeling of open space as a Class A. My wife actually prefers the feeling of traveling in the cab of the Class C, especially this one. More hardware in front of you in case of a wreck. She doesn't care for the huge windshield of a typical Class A. But there is usually a greater feeling of open living space in the typical Class A.
Old 03-18-2017, 09:25 PM   #7

Have a Class C and love it.
After someone told me how much a Class A windshield costs to replace, I decided my Class C was a wise choice..

grin
Old 03-18-2017, 10:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimHolt View Post
Have a Class C and love it.
After someone told me how much a Class A windshield costs to replace, I decided my Class C was a wise choice..

grin
My air conditioning contractor told me some horror stories about the windshield in his new Class A, having to do with nothing more than leveling the thing. Broke the windshield the first three times he tried to use the leveling jacks. Took it back and swapped it for another one that worked fine. Cost something like $5K, and they didn't want to warranty it. Said he was "doing something wrong". EVentually, they caved. Not sure what manufacturer. So, yeah.
Old 03-19-2017, 05:59 AM   #9

Some high end parks only allow class A. You will not be able to stay at one if these. Just a thought.
Bigdomino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:43 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigdomino View Post
Some high end parks only allow class A. You will not be able to stay at one if these. Just a thought.
Reminds me of that Groucho Marx quote "I wouldn't want to join any club that would have me as a member."
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:16 AM   #11

Having owned 2 A's and now a super C the short answer is yes A's live better. We knew we would give of some live-ability but still chose for other reasons.

We had same powertrain and the C has a better power to weight ratio. The A we had now comes with a Cummins ISBX - more HP and torque. If you look at an A with the ISB it will be a bit wimpy. If you're going to put on miles the C is easier to drive and won't wear you down as much. Cab heat and AC is better in C.

In our 36+' A we could easily seat 9 for drinks vs 5 now (only one per booth side...no crowding in). If you entertain A's 2 sofas made into beds so it's no big deal to sleep guests/kids.

Way more clothing storage and storage in general in A. Way more basement storage plus passthrough for long items like folding ladder. Free standing table with credenza made for a good mobile office. Not offered in A's so far.

Like the number of exits in C for safety...only one door at front of A. It's a also nice to be able to fill fuel tank from either side.

Need to figure out whats best for you.

2019 Renegade Valencia 38RW
Gone: 2015 Jayco Seneca / 2010 Tiffin RED / ...
Toads: 2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited / 2012 Kia Soul
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 02:10 PM   #12

Thanks for all the feedback. Like the Seneca for the towing and when it's just a couple of us it's all good. When the in laws come on a trip the space starts to get small quickly! In the evening the layout is not comfortable for more than 4 if you aren't outside.
Old 03-19-2017, 08:36 PM   #13

You all can try this... Call a Freightliner dealer to get an appointment for "Scheduled Maintenance" on a Class-A Diesel Pusher.

...then call them back and ask the same thing - but be sure to tell them it is an M2 chassis.

Our local Freightliner dealer is Warner Truck Centers (4 locations across Utah & Idaho). They have gotten me in with our M2-106 (Class C Chassis) the same day, and out in under 2 hours - on every one of our visits. Our last one was the best, when the service adviser came out to get the mileage and check the VIN... His comment hit home when he said "Why doesn't everyone get these instead - of waiting for appointments on the pushers."
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote