Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-04-2018, 06:36 PM   #21

Supplemental gen

One option that might work is to purchase a small 3100 watt gen (we purchased champion with remote start) and an extended 30 amp cable. That puts gen about 75 feet away and lets us use electric heaters during the night. Gen is easy on gas and 5 gal gas can is easily obtainable. That being said, the place I am working at is giving me 15 amp extension cord (probably 13 amps after 100 feet) and we are pretending we are in that space ship movie with Tom Hanks and Kevin Bacon.

Rob, when I come past you end of this month on my way to Illinois, can I stop in for one of those muffins?
Old 01-04-2018, 06:54 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by McGintys924 View Post
Rob, when I come past you end of this month on my way to Illinois, can I stop in for one of those muffins?
It might be a frozen one, supposed to get down to -4 here tonight with an atrocious wind chill number. But it is possible it could be 60 later this month with our wacky northeastern Ohio weather! Seneca is all bedded-down for now.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:10 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerR View Post
My LP repair guy warned me NOT to use the oven. Heat from the oven has damaged the knobs and sometimes the valve body if the stove knobs are right over the oven door.

Also, be aware that carbon monoxide and lack of oxygen can be a real problem with unvented gas appliances. Some heaters have a low oxygen safety shut off.
Why not use an AC electric heater?
Thank you for the concerns -

We don't just crack the oven door open, but open it full. Don't believe the heat will rise to that level that quick.

As far as carbon monoxide, I'm very aware of that concern. We never would consider sleeping with it on and do have a carbon monoxide detector. With the dog wanting to go out a couple of times in the evening, we circulate the air supply quite well.
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado
rgolding is offline   Reply With Quote