Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-11-2019, 09:30 PM   #1

Swivel seats

Hello all,

We have a 2016 Greyhawk MV29. I would like to replace the front seats with swivel mounts. Unfortunately, because the front floor is 6" lower then the cabin floor, i need to find mounts that are swivel and height adjustable. Has anyone seem such a setup?

Thanks,

Dave.
jdgmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 09:45 PM   #2
Lost in the Woods

My front seats swivel to the rear, but they don't rise up. Jayco provided a separate booster cushion to use, to offset that 6" rise when facing the rear.

Check with Jayco to order these seat bases. Hopefully an easy bolt in swap.
Attached Thumbnails
int8i.jpg  
RetiredOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2019, 07:06 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetiredOne View Post
My front seats swivel to the rear, but they don't rise up. Jayco provided a separate booster cushion to use, to offset that 6" rise when facing the rear.

I sure am glad you posted that pic, we thought you set them on the floor so you had a sort of recliner effect.
poohbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 02:52 PM   #4

How do you get them to swivel, i have a 2020 jayco redhawk 24 b and can't figure it out
arobinson6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM   #5
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by arobinson6 View Post
How do you get them to swivel, i have a 2020 jayco redhawk 24 b and can't figure it out
There should be a yellow handle on the bottom rear of the base, in the middle walkway area. Pull that lever out while pulling the seat back and towards the middle and it will start to rotate.
Old 03-04-2020, 04:33 PM   #6

Quote:
There should be a yellow handle on the bottom rear of the base, in the middle walkway area. Pull that lever out while pulling the seat back and towards the middle and it will start to rotate.
And that explains how you can get those GIANT seats to rotate!

I looked at this a while ago and even found some swivel bases. I thought there's no way that seat will swivel, simply not enough room.

Knowing that the seat moves toward the middle and turns makes it seem possible with my current seats...

-2018 Greyhawk 29MV
-2020 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (JLU) (Primary Toad)
-1994 Jeep Wrangler YJ (Secondary Toad)
-2014 Jay Flight 28BHBE & Ram 2500 6.4L CC 4x4 (sold)
Camper_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 05:11 PM   #7
Lost in the Woods

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camper_bob View Post
And that explains how you can get those GIANT seats to rotate!

I looked at this a while ago and even found some swivel bases. I thought there's no way that seat will swivel, simply not enough room.

Knowing that the seat moves toward the middle and turns makes it seem possible with my current seats...
Yep, they would never be able to rotate and clear the B pillar if they didn't move back and to the middle. Plus, the backrest has to be all the way up.

Not sure if any after market rotating bases will work, because of the clearance, but I would think, the ones that Jayco used on my rig will work on any Ford chassis. It would also depend on how the driver's wall slide is on the rig, once my wall slide goes out, there's lots of clearance for the driver's seat to spin.

But, it sometimes ain't easy. It takes a good yank on the lever while pulling hard on the side of the seat to get it moving, then once it moves back and to the middle, it rotates fine.
Old 03-04-2020, 05:15 PM   #8
Lost in the Woods

Having these rotating seats was also why I liked the shorter length on my rig. Since I don't have a sofa and just a dinette sitting area, rotating the two front seats gives alternative seating that a sofa would normally provide.

And since my TV is mounted on the pantry cabinet, and not in the cabover, watching from the two front seats, when rotated, works out perfectly.
Attached Thumbnails
24B floorplan.jpg  
Old 03-05-2020, 10:30 AM   #9

I saw the yellow handles but they wouldn't move so now that I understand how, I'll try it tomorrow when I pick it up. Thank you
Old 03-06-2020, 07:46 AM   #10

Would love to do this with at least the passenger seat. If anyone can tell me the manufacture and or part number for base I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Enjoy the journey
Trapper2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2020, 10:13 AM   #11
Lost in the Woods

I would suggest sending a email to Jayco asking them for the part number of the base that they use.
Old 01-24-2022, 10:12 AM   #12

What Year did they add the swivel seats?

Just curious what year they added it because I have a 2019 Greyhawk 30Z and I don't believe I have that capability.
groovy55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 11:38 AM   #13

I have a 2020 Redhawk and it has theater seats with swivel and extra cushions to raise the height
Old 01-24-2022, 01:07 PM   #14

We have a 2021 Greyhawk and use the bolsters on the floor. The seats become more like a recliner then. Using the on the seat is awkward at best
Mflugel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 01:43 PM   #15

Pretty sure this was added in 2020 when the new E450 chassis was used. I'd be curious if the seat bolts are the same on the old E450 chassis and the new. I'd buy a new seat just to see if its more comfortable. Wife feels the old ones are incredibly uncomfortable.
Old 01-26-2022, 01:59 PM   #16

Quote:

Your floor cutout area from living area to cab is different than my 2018. It looks like the cutout extends into living area farther. I wonder if that cutout is needed for swivel seats
Raines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 03:28 PM   #17

We struggled the first time we tried to swivel the chairs. After you do it one or 2 times, it makes sense. As mentioned before, you will have to move the seat forward/backward, tilt the back, etc., to form it so you can swivel it. I also move the steering wheel all the way up and open the side door to give more room. An electronic version of this would be nice as it could be programmed to make all those adjusting moves for you.
TheOtherDodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 03:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mflugel View Post
We have a 2021 Greyhawk and use the bolsters on the floor. The seats become more like a recliner then. Using the on the seat is awkward at best
Same here. That is what they are for, not for a cushion for the seat.
TheOtherDodge is offline   Reply With Quote