Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-16-2018, 09:08 PM   #1

Taking the plunge

We have been long time Jayco owners since 2008. Started with a bunkhouse bumper pull in jay flight series. Have been in a greyhawk for the last 4 years and are now upgrading to a 2018 Seneca 37 K! We spent lots of time trying to talk ourselves into a class A but just couldn't pull the trigger. Very happy we settled on the super C. Should be picking it up at the dealership in the next week or so.

I have lots of questions but will start with the front seats. I saw a video by Kuhl showing how he made the front seats swivel and useable in the floorplan. I was reading the 2018 Seneca Manuel and on page 49 it says:

"To rotate the driver/passenger seat (if so equipped)
To face the driver or front passenger seat toward the rear of the vehicle, pull the seat swivel release lever up and rotate the seat. To return the seat to the original position, rotate seat back to the driving position until you hear a click and the seat locks into position."

I didn't think to try that out when we walked through at the dealership.

Has anyone tried this? I just can't imagine that they would actually have changed this. Would be great if they did though.

Thanks in advance. Look forward to being part of the Seneca Club!
M&Jontheroadagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:15 PM   #2

I can't help with the seat question, but I can say "Congratulations"! I love my Seneca, may your experience be as fulfilling as our is!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 09:32 PM   #3

Thanks!! We are excited. Will post some picks when we bring it home.
M&Jontheroadagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 09:33 AM   #4

Can't help you with the swiveling seat, but welcome to Super C stardom! We came from a Class A and simply love the much improved driveability the Seneca has. That alone was enough to convince us to make the switch. You will not be disappointed in your new Seneca (but have reasonable expectations on things that will need to be fixed straight out of the box). CYa down the road.
Crossingover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 04:15 PM   #5

Pictures

Yes! Post pictures! Several of us purchased our Senecas from the first of the year on to the beginning (middle for us) of the summer. I remember it as such positive experience talking to some members who where picking up their unit around the same time as us while being cheered on by those who have the experience with these powerful trucks that we would come to when "something" happened.

Driving them is much better than the class A imho. Maybe you will be like me in that after six months with the Seneca, you sit in a class A diesel (perhaps at a show) and feel uncomfortable and need to remove yourself from the awkward drivers position. LOL. Congradulations on your new purchase.