Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-26-2015, 04:57 AM   #1

Talked to Jayco yesterday, not good

I talked to Jayco yesterday and was told that the 2016 Greyhawk will have a new tankless hot water system and not a hot water tank.

Production of the 2016's is being held up because of the vibration in the drive train so no 6 speed as of now.

No listing in the Greyhawk specs for a new mattress so the Denver could still be the mattress of production.

I also was told the Greyhawk could always handle the 7500 lb tow rating, Ford just had to agree to change the stickers on the vehicle to make it legal.

vagabond 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:38 AM   #2

I guess I'm missing something. I just don't get why I would ever want a tankless water heater. Why should I have to use my propane when I'm at a site with electricity included? I host 8 months out of the year and free hot water is a good thing since I have a Splendide and use it a lot.

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS, Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS, RV Flex Armor Roof
edatlanta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 06:43 AM   #3

Send a message via AIM to alvinator Send a message via MSN to alvinator
Does the vibration problem mean that they are continuing to build 2016 Greyhawks on 2015 chassis? I just ordered one and sure do not want a 2015 chassis.
alvinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 07:02 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinator View Post
Does the vibration problem mean that they are continuing to build 2016 Greyhawks on 2015 chassis? I just ordered one and sure do not want a 2015 chassis.
There is a good chance the actual chassis itself will be a 2015 they are purchased well in advance as an "incomplete" vehicle. One time we were at the plant and there were at least 75 chassis sitting there, some stretched others not. They don't have the stretch done until they know what model is ordered.

As to the vibration problem the chassis are stretched, as is the drive-line by Mor-Ryde (or that is who use to do it for JAYCO) and that is probably where the issue is. Not a 2015 vs 2016 model year problem.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:27 AM   #5

Send a message via AIM to alvinator Send a message via MSN to alvinator
Except the 2016 has a much improved 6 speed tranny; that is the reason I do not want a 2015 chassis.
alvinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 09:38 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinator View Post
Except the 2016 has a much improved 6 speed tranny; that is the reason I do not want a 2015 chassis.
But you may still end up with a 15 based on how they are built and what chassis were in the yard when it was ordered and went into production.
Old 08-26-2015, 09:55 AM   #7

The dealer I am negotiating with told me he would install a tank heater in lieu of the tank less free of charge if I ordered through him. I just hate the idea of having a brand new motor home hacked on by the dealer before I even drive it off the lot.
A tank less heater doesn't make a lot of sense to me in a rv. I think it's just one of those we have this feature that our competitor don't things.

The vibration problem is more of a concern to me. Also is the 6 speed a new transmission to Ford or is it just new to Jayco?
I'm not ordering anything until February so I'm keeping a close eye on these issues.
I may revisit the Forester dealer in the mean time.
Up North is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 10:36 AM   #8

Ford has had a 6 speed for a while now i doubt they designed a new one for Jayco.
vagabond 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 05:46 PM   #9

I bought a 2016 Greyhawk 29 MV on July 10th. It is on a 2016 Ford chassis not a 2015. It does not have a Denver mattress. It does have a vibration at about 60MPH. The info I got from Jayco told me that Jayco is meeting with Ford engineers to determine a solution. Also that Ford says it is OK to drive in the meantime. I put about 3000 miles on it going to Ashville, NC and a second trip to central PA. I drove up (and down) a 6% grade on I 40 in NC near Ashville with no problems. I previously owned a 2004 27DS Greyhawk and the new one handles better and is a dream to drive. I am concerned of course about the vibration, but I'm confident it will be worked out.

2016 Greyhawk 29MV

Wherever you go, there you are!
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 05:50 PM   #10

The info I got from Jayco about Ford engineers came after I reported the vibration issue. I would have waited to buy if I knew about the vibration. My test ride did not indicate a vibration. I might have accelerated right past 60. Or maybe the road was rough..

2016 Greyhawk 29MV

Wherever you go, there you are!
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote