Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-14-2018, 12:32 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang65 View Post
Camper bob... did you upgrade to the capacitance reading side mounted sensors?

Don

My Registry

RVing with SOLAR
As a full time rv er, I can tell you that knowing how many days I can exist without dumping is slightly more than 2 weeks or 14 days. So when I dump the tanks, I mark the calendar and schedule the next dump for 14 days, so every other Wednesday, I dump. Mostly I boondock, so this works. If you are in a CG for any length of time, you can still do this method. Note:
I travel alone so I can go 14 days. Those of you w families will, obviously, use less days.

I had my tanks professionly flushed and saw with the tech’s special tank camera, how clean and pristine my tanks were. The guages worked for about 2 weeks and that was it.

Frustrating delemma, but don’t let it get to you!😀
Dancingqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 02:20 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Or if you install a SeeLevel system they work and are accurate! But not an easy or cheap endeavor. They read from 0% to 100% so you also have a better idea where they stand compared to E - 1/3 - 2/3 - F that the KIB system offers.
I finally got tired of 'stuck on full' indicators and installed the SeeLevel II gauge system, man it is nice to get an accurate readout (we boondock a lot so it is important) I even bought the sensor gauge for the propane tank so I get that readout as well. The install took me a few hours, most of which was spent on the black tank as I had very little room to work in. Had to wrap a rag around a ruler to both clean and attach the sensor pad as I only had 2" space between the tank and sidewall. But you can use the existing OEM system wiring, with some left over as the all digital sensors use the same two wires. And the sensors are on the OUTSIDE of the tanks so can't get fouled. I did take the time to solder and shrink wrap all connections to preclude issues down the road. Money well spent!
400 AH LiFePo4 house batt w/750 watts solar 40A charger & 2500 watt whole house Inverter.
2021 Ford Ranger 4X4 Toad
JesseS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2018, 03:49 PM   #23

My grey tank ALWAYS reads 1/3 Full when empty. As soon as dampness touch’s it . Most of the time it’s 2/3 full. I have always been blown off during the warranty period as it being a poor maintenance issue, total bull****. When in storage for a few months it will read empty. I guess it completely dries out. Black tank is fine probably because I’m so anal about using the blank tank flush port every other day when camping. I got used to the inaccuracies & just live with it. I have an enclosed underbelly so I’m not going to mess with tank sensors. When the water backs up in tub it’s full
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 08:40 PM   #24

Our JayFeather 23RLSW gauges have not worked since the day we bought the unit new and probably never will according to the 2 dealers we have taken it to. This seems to be the case on other brands as well.
Chet & Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:03 PM   #25

[QUOTE=JesseS;664186I did take the time to solder and shrink wrap all connections to preclude issues down the road. [QUOTE]

Maybe I should have done that...mine started being inaccurate just after the warranty ran out!
BrentB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:07 PM   #26

Might give these a try since the SeeLevel conked out on me:
https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Sewer/Va...RoC1KsQAvD_BwE
BrentB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:36 AM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrentB View Post
Might give these a try since the SeeLevel conked out on me:
https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Sewer/Va...RoC1KsQAvD_BwE
I would have to tear down the underbelly in order to get to the tank sensors. Just not worth the effort & cost
robert9999 is offline   Reply With Quote