Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-13-2019, 10:41 AM   #1

Tank water heater on Seneca 37FS

Hello Seneca owners. I am out on a shakedown trip now and the previous owner pulled the Girard tankless and put a Suburban tank heater in. I can’t seem to locate the water heater shut off valves anywhere. Did this model even have shutoff valve given it had the tankless originally? I can’t seem to tell if water is in tank. When water is on hooked to city the hot side is much slower than the cold side
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:22 AM   #2

The valves may be in behind the tank and not easily visible. It will be easier to see likely if you have a storage compartment on the opposite side from the tank. Just remove the few screws that hold on the paneling at the back of the storage compartment and see if they installed any valves. When I removed my tankless and installed a tank heater, I added bypass valve in the area behind the tank where the water lines ran.
Lunatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 12:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunatic View Post
The valves may be in behind the tank and not easily visible. It will be easier to see likely if you have a storage compartment on the opposite side from the tank. Just remove the few screws that hold on the paneling at the back of the storage compartment and see if they installed any valves. When I removed my tankless and installed a tank heater, I added bypass valve in the area behind the tank where the water lines ran.
Thank you Lunatic. I did find the lines but no shutoff valve in sight. I found out there is no power to the tank either so I have to take it in to my RV tech along with a few other items. Good thing I did a shakedown on it before first trip. Sounds like the previous owner cut some corners on it. I took delivery of the unit late November and was about 24 deg. So hot water heater I could not check.
LoveLife is offline   Reply With Quote