Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-26-2015, 08:51 PM   #71

I agree!! I almost bought a Dynamax Force because it had a 10 gal DSI WH. I don't feel I got the best, I got the least worst.

Try the "contact us" option on the Jayco site. You might get the same kind of answer that I got…we are not a custom mfger.

2015 Jayco Seneca 36 FK
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited tow
2010 Tiffin RED 36 QSA - gone
2011 Monaco Monarch class A - gone
WaltW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:11 PM   #72

The standard interior equipment in the Jayco Alante (which is their value Class A) includes a 6 gallon gas/electric water heater. Still trying to figure out how requesting the 6 gallon gas/electric on the Precept would make Jayco a custom manufacturer when they put the tank water heater in the Alante?

1jeb289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:58 AM   #73

Have you checked the value behind the cold and hit water handles, controls, in the shower? Our's was heating and water pressure was OK, but was not getting hot enough. We had to turn the cold water almost completely off to get nice warm/ hot water. While it was at our dealer for other issues we added this to the our list of things for them to check. Turns out there is a value back behind your hot/cold controls. Our's either wasn't working or wasn't full on. Anyway they fixed it and said it was working properly now. We can't give our opinion on it till we get out in it again which because of work and family things going on will not be till August. We did however hook it up at home and ran a test and it does seem to be working correctly now.
Old 06-30-2015, 02:33 PM   #74

What water pressure are you guys regulating to? I've read low pressure can create havoc with these systems - is there a recommended pressure?

I was going to buy one of these so I can set it to where it needs to be:

Pressure Regulator
Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 02:57 PM   #75

Not sure our seneca is in for service right now. Had a problem with some of the batteries boiling dry so it is in having the inverter checked out and possibly replaced. So I can't check till we get it back.
Old 06-30-2015, 04:14 PM   #76

Have you tried a different freshwater hose? Are the screens in the hose clean? Just a thought.
Bird Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 04:14 PM   #77

I have a Greyhawk 29MV (2015) and am having no trouble with hot water in the shower--at least since I got the manufacturer's instructions and followed them. At first, doing what I do at home and trying to regulate the temperature with both valves, I got a lot of temperature variation. However, now, I'm using only the hot valve and I have experimented with adjusting the water heat control on the bathroom wall to the point that the shower now runs constantly at the temperature we like, without any cycling. Maybe I'm just lucky.
northrupj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 05:54 PM   #78
WDW

2x on the above. However, I've commented before that ground water temperature and initial static water in the hose have an influence in this application. We just came back from a 30 day circle Tour of the southern East coast .Once we got below Virginia and way over to the Outer Banks and down in Florida, we found that frequently we had to add cold water back in order to make the water temperature usable. The ground water was so warm when combined with the water heater it was uncomfortable .

Formerly 31FK 15 Grayhawk
Toad: 2015 Jeep Cherokee "The Caboose".

Taking in the sights wherever my Trolley takes me!
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 05:59 PM   #79

Big thing for me was removing the regulator in the shower head. Just like the manual advised !

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 06:32 PM   #80

One of our friends just bought a new Jayco and made it a condition of the sale that a "normal" tanked water be put in. He didn't want to pay for campground electric, and then have to use his own propane to heat water for a family of 4.

The dealer switched it out as part of the deal.

2 Bluetick Hounds
1 Newfoundland
1 Newfoundland / Black Lab Mix
1 Cairn Terrier
The Logans is offline   Reply With Quote