Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 09-29-2014, 10:23 AM   #21

It's a bit hard to find. For mine:

Looking directly into the unit with the cover off, it was off to the left. Here's a picture of what it looks like. It's that small white button.

If the image doesn't open, right click on it and open in a new tab to see.
SMI Duo "Stay in Play" Braking
Barley, our Golden Retriever, on board and Buster in spirit!

McGarrett50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2014, 09:21 AM   #22

I have to say, I have not had the issues with the tankless water heater that people are posting here after I followed a few key steps. When I first got my 2013 Greyhawk 31FS, I was not happy. The water heater would get very hot and then very cold, repeat. Not fun. So here is what I do and I have had great showers since:

Replaced the shower head in bathroom wit a bodyspa shower head.
Use 5/8 inch hose diameter. Usually only need 25 foot.
Use high flow 50 psi water pressure regulator

When I go to shower, I only use the hot side of the faucet. I then dial in the temperature I want with the dial on the wall. Usually I only have to do this when I first get to a new campground. From there, it works great. Whole family can shower with no issues running out of hot water. Barely uses any propane too.

I also found that this helps for hot water at the sink too. Temp is dialed in and I do not need to adjust for it to work well.

Hope this helps.
Fishstick8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 05:05 PM   #23

Our 2014 Seneca FS is in the shop now for tankless problems. It goes extremely hot then cold. We have tried adjusting the temp control in the bathroom but it doesn't help. We will see if it gets fixed.
Vrji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 06:51 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishstick8 View Post
When I go to shower, I only use the hot side of the faucet. I then dial in the temperature I want with the dial on the wall. Usually I only have to do this when I first get to a new campground. From there, it works great. Whole family can shower with no issues running out of hot water. Barely uses any propane too.

I also found that this helps for hot water at the sink too. Temp is dialed in and I do not need to adjust for it to work well.

Hope this helps.
X2 and there are many out there that have had success with this system.
'13 Wrangler Sahara...AKAFUN
Roadmaster base plate
Ready Brute Elite towbar and brake combo
D&MAKAFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 08:24 PM   #25

I found that my heater only works if i have the water pump on. Even when hooked up to city water. I think the pump gives the water a bit extra speed when passing through the heater that it doesnt over heat the water. If i dont use the pump the water will get super hot then it trips the safety and the water goes ice cold. I hope this helps.
Greyhawk01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 02:08 PM   #26

We have a 2015 Precept 31 UL that we purchased in August 2014 and had the same problem with the tankless "instant on" unit with no hot water on the very first trip. Turned out to be a bad control panel (circuit board). And, yes, you cannot turn the thermostat to full hot; try minor adjustments from the middle position. Works fairly well now.

Good Luck!
Old 12-31-2014, 03:06 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeylanBryant View Post
McGarrett50... This sounds EXACTLY like what my unit is doing! WHERE is the ECO button, can you describe please? Thanks!! My dial is ALL THE WAY to the right as well, I'll adjust that to the "mid point" as you describe.
The attachment shows the location of the secret reset button. Not sure why the manufacturer doesn't make it easier to locate.
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 04:29 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by D&MAKAFUN View Post
X2 and there are many out there that have had success with this system.
Ditto

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 09:00 PM   #29

The Tankless Heater in our 2015 Greyhawk 29MV never did work correctly. The dealer was willing to repair it under warranty but we told them that we simply did not trust it. Had it replaced with a 6 Gal DSI Tank Heater. Good Luck!
lumpymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2015, 04:14 PM   #30

Exclamation 2015 jayco Precept 31ul.Instant Hot Water Heater solving...Success

Thank you forum.My hot water heater quits working over and over. I take it to Camping World Oakwook Ga. What a joke. They tell me it's a loose wire. Why not tell the truth. Second camping trip with no hot water. I read the book than this forum. Book did not tell me. There is a secret reset button upper left. Small and white. Does not look like one. Cut unit off at heater ...press tiny button ... You have your hot water back. Two trips with no hot water and that's all in needed to to tell me.What's up with that Camping world in Oakwood??? I know... Really incompantant managers. Don't trust them. I did. Cost me about $5000.00. Still trying to get it back. Love the Jayco but That Camping World in Oakwood takes a lot of joy out of it. Moral of this story. Read up on the Dealership you are going to Do business With. Run from this one...like any other franchises. You have good and bad... This one is the bad. Now I know.Ronald H Smith Clarkesville Ga. Ronaldhsmith@earthlink.net for more information...
Ronaldhsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:11 AM   #31

Thanks for the reset picture.
enduriders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 02:39 PM   #32

We had the same issue...no hot water. DH went out to the tankless unit and found a small round black button which he believes is hot water reset button, which could trip if water temp is set to maximum temperature. It worked, so hopefully this is helpful to someone.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:24 PM   #33

There is a small reset button inside of the water heater. You will have to look for it as they are not all in the same place. Once found, just push the button and you should have hot water again.
nascar64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 06:25 PM   #34

I believe there is a sail switch on the water heater exhaust vent it should in clear sight when water heater comes on a small metal strip will move it is in the exhaust pipe This can be seen by one person turning on hot water and the other watching the switch
if does not move try manually moveing it or just taping the exhaust this is not a permanent fix
loracnh5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2015, 05:54 AM   #35

The operating manual and dealerships are all clueless about operating this tankless water heater. That secret reset switch (not to be confused with the on/off switch inside the heater panel) on mine is white so it can be most any color. The reason it needs to be reset is because you have the water temperature set too high thus tripping that little switch. Temperature setting on mine on the bathroom wall is like less than half way so turn the heat setting down low, reset the switch (little button) and then run your hot water inside the bathroom sink. Slowly raise temperature setting until you feel water start to get warmer. Once you find the right water temperature setting you may never have to do any adjustments again. Hope this is helpful.
Oklahoma Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 05:43 PM   #36

In reading the reply from Kevin, I have noticed the red power switch in the bathroom as well. What is this for? Mine tankless water heater works but you freeze and then you get cooked. I have tried turning that water temp knob and all but nothing seems to change the results of the shower.
driwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 10:27 PM   #37

That red power switch in the bathroom next to the temperature dial has nothing to do with the hot water heater. I believe it is the on/off switch for the holding tank for the grey and black waste water so it doesn't freeze on a winter trip. I am sure someone else will confirm that. In the meantime if your water is going from hot to cold cycling during a shower then you have the temperature setting much too high. It will trip that little white or black switch that I referenced in my previous post which will shut off your heater so nothing but cold water will be delivered to your shower. Lower your temperature way down to about 1/4 or less. Then run your hot water tap in the bathroom sink and slowly raise temperature dial setting in your bathroom until you start to feel the water start to get warmer. Just set the water temperature until it is a comfortable level and leave it there. You will find that this necessary adjustment will end that scalding hot to cold cycling and make for a more pleasant shower. I have found that from one campground to another I have not had to make any additional temperature settings. It initially took some extra time and alot of water to get it where I wanted it.
Oklahoma Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:39 AM   #38

Thanks Dan for that info. I will get out in the back and work on that before the next camping trip.
driwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2015, 06:39 AM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Dan View Post
That red power switch in the bathroom next to the temperature dial has nothing to do with the hot water heater. I believe it is the on/off switch for the holding tank for the grey and black waste water so it doesn't freeze on a winter trip. I am sure someone else will confirm that.
You are correct. The red switch in our Greyhawk bathroom is the on/off for the tank heaters.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 10:18 AM   #40

Tankless Water Heater Replacement

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpymike View Post
The Tankless Heater in our 2015 Greyhawk 29MV never did work correctly. The dealer was willing to repair it under warranty but we told them that we simply did not trust it. Had it replaced with a 6 Gal DSI Tank Heater. Good Luck!
Did the dealer replace the tankless model with the 6 gallon DSI tank water heater under warranty or did you have some out of pocket costs. Wife and I have a Wildcat fiver with the tankless Water heater and hated it. Could never get the temperature right. Had it changed out to 6 gallon electric/dsi. Gerard and factory paid most of cost but I was still out of pocket $300.
1jeb289 is offline   Reply With Quote