Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-30-2015, 06:27 PM   #41

Talking Thanks

Just got back from a weekend of cold water in our 2015 - 29MV saw this picture and went out and tried it and WE HAVE HOT WATER. I had even gone by the dealer where we bought it and they looked at it and said we could bring it back in 4 WEEKS for them to look at it. Hope this is not going to be what the dealer service is going to be like.
ddorourke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:51 PM   #42

Glad to hear you got it working.
Oklahoma Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 07:25 PM   #43

I put an Oxygenics shower head that I got a CW and I couldn't believe the water that is coming out. I have not tried the adjusting technique for the hot water. I will do that tomorrow. We are going camping this weekend so it will really get the workout.
driwer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 09:58 PM   #44

Just got back from a 1 week trip to Lake Tahoe, CA where the nights are still 40 degree averages. My tank-less worked with no problemos ! I do want to get that Oxygenics shower head !

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 10:00 PM   #45

While we've only been out with our Greyhawk 31FS around 5 times, other than some learning issues the first time...we've been very happy with the tankless water heater in ours. Maybe we've just been lucky.
mcsenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 06:02 AM   #46

There is a lot of information here, some of it very basic. Maybe this would be useful to somebody at some point. Not having had a tankless water heater before but likely getting one soon, I found the video helpful.

Operating Tips Tankless Water Heater
Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 06:23 AM   #47

Check the outside shower. Sometimes both the hot and cold valves are open and the handheld shutoff is closed. This allows cold water to circulate back into the hot water lines.
Bird Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 07:33 AM   #48

Well... We just got back from a weekend trip and I'll tell you, once the temp gauge was property set the WH worked flawlessly for us again.

Now, at first, the temp was set too high so that when mixing with cold water the system was doing the cycling bit that many here complain about. I personally think that's the safety cutoff doing that when the temp gets too high. The reality is that you turn the temp gauge down until the hot water when opened up fully doesn't scald you anymore...then you shower with just the hot water valve opened. If you need it a bit hotter...close the hot water valve a little bit...this increases the temp by forcing the water to spend more time in the heater...
mcsenerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2015, 02:52 PM   #49

We just got a Seneca FS and had the same issue with the tank less water heater not working on our first shakedown trip. Flame would come on, had hot water briefly, and then flame would shut off and not turn on again. After fumbling around the heater and consulting the manual, I determined that the paddle switch on the gas exhaust was getting stuck and was not resetting. The paddle switch has to move back when the furnace fan is off as a permissive for the cycle to repeat itself. The paddle switch is very delicate and has to be completely free from obstruction. In our case, the switch was touching the cutout through which it goes through. Have not had any more issues (for now) since I made sure the paddle switch was operating completely unobstructed.
zark0393 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2015, 08:47 AM   #50

Camping World in Oakwood is a joke, we do not grace their doorway. Bought our Jayco Seneca 4 1/2 hours away in Winston Salem, NC because CW would not come off their high and mighty price. Got a lower price in NC and better money on our trade in to. Ended up saving a total of 10 grand. Well worth the 4 1/2 hour ride. Freightliner on 85 in Jefferson, GA does any Freightliner work/warranty we need and my husband called Jayco and got permission from them for RV World of GA off 85 at the Hamilton Mill exit to do our Jayco work/warranty. We just have to pay up front for the work and wait for Jayco to reimburse us. Waiting on a check from them now for work done a little over a week ago. Stay away from Camping World have heard nothing good about any of their businesses.
Old 08-29-2015, 04:36 PM   #51

The Red Switch in the Senecas is the water pump, has nothing to do with the holding tanks. I guess things are a bit different depending on if you have the Seneca or the Greyhawk.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:25 AM   #52

Just got back from a week of camping with full hookups. Water heater worked flawlessly. Follow the directions in the manual, and make sure you're not restricting your water flow. Invest in a good pressure regulator that does not reduce the flow --> Watts.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 08:08 AM   #53

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2JayBirds View Post
The Red Switch in the Senecas is the water pump, has nothing to do with the holding tanks. I guess things are a bit different depending on if you have the Seneca or the Greyhawk.
There are two red switches on our Greyhawk bathroom wall. One is the water pump and the other the holding tank heaters.

2014 Greyhawk 31FK
2007 Honda Shadow Sabre 1100cc
NC Roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2016, 08:38 PM   #54

we are at my daughters and we have no hot water..i found a you tube video about the reset button,,ours is black though..we have a 2016 32UL Precept..we have done that and its still not working..tv isn't working..radio/navigation is out!!everytime i take it in to be serviced..and i get it back..its in worse shape!! the film is peeling off the windows and the headlights..theyve replaced one..now another needs replacing..the paint looks like its cracking! whats going on?? it really takes the joy out of camping when you have all these issues!!
sheila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 04:34 PM   #55

Also had problem in 31DS (2016). Called Jayco and found it was the reset button. Not well marked. If you can either call Jayco or go online and download or look at, the owners manual.
caroga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 05:11 PM   #56

Tankless water heater

Thank you! We tried that. But he forgot to turn the invertor on!
Old 10-17-2016, 05:14 PM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheila View Post
Thank you! We tried that. But he forgot to turn the invertor on!
Now that's just wrong! You say "WE" tried that, but "HE" forgot to turn on the inverter! You sound like me wife
Old 10-17-2016, 05:19 PM   #58

Hey! It is what it is! Thats his job! I unpack and set up the inside lol.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:08 PM   #59

Do you have hot water now? Or still out?
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 06:59 PM   #60

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
Do you have hot water now? Or still out?
Its working now! We have the 31ul precept! I entered that wrong. Sorry! But TV still isnt picking up channels and radio inside has lines on screen! TT camping world today and they say board could be bad! Hope its covered under warranty! Im telling you , we purchased this may 2015 and its been in repair more than we have used it! Its a really nice rig! Im sure we would have loads of fun if we ever get all the kinks out! Jayco needs to stick to trailers. Maybe since Thor bought them out, we will see an improvement in the future? It really takes the enjoyment out of travel with all these issues!!