Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-17-2017, 10:23 PM   #1

television install

I have a 2016 Jayco Greyhawk and I want to switch out my tv. It has a Furrion in it now and I bought a Samsung TV 32" I thought I should be able to just switch out. Wrong! The bracket that Jayco has used is very large. So when I switched out the tv the RCA jacks on the back of the Samsung tv are completely covered up. l wanted to switch out the Furrion for the Samsung because the Samsung is a smart tv and then I can use Netflix and with the Furrion I can't. Does anyone have this situation and tried switching out your tv and found something that works? I have several ideas from taking the tv back to drilling new holes in the current swing out plate that came with the coach. I am reluctant in the drilling holes choice because I am not sure I can drill them accurately. Another thought is just looking for another brand of tv that has the RCA jacks located differently. Just looking for ideas or thoughts just in case someone has had this problem too and has figured out a solution successfully. Thanks, Bill
3fivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2017, 10:44 PM   #2

Not too much help, but I'd probably buy a new mounting bracket that better suits the Samsung.

Or - spend $35 for a Chromecast, Roku or Amazon FireTV stick and make the Furrion smarter.
Old 12-18-2017, 08:51 AM   #3

I had a similar issue several years ago when I had to replace the Brand X television that came standard with our travel trailer. I also purchased a Samsung Smart TV and, like you, quickly discovered that the original bracket fit the new Samsung, but all of the connection points for the wires were now hidden.

In my case, the TV was not on a swinging bracket, but it raised and lowered from inside a cabinet. Fortunately I had enough room between the back of the TV and the bracket to add four small blocks of wood (spacers) which gave me enough room to make all the wiring connections. I had to purchase a 90 degree fitting for the cable input due to the location of the cable connection on the TV, but that was it. Hope this helps.

Ed
Love To Travel 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 08:26 PM   #4

TV install

Just changed mine out in Seneca also with Samsung. I bought a flat piece of metal plate, drilled holes to match TV & bracket already on swing arm. Bought spacers to go in between to allow for wire connections.
Kerwin1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 10:30 AM   #5

I did the same thing. Furrion broke, replaced with Samsung smart TV. Yes, the brackets are different. They are a standard size, but not common. You need an adapter bracket to go from a 400x200 to a 200x200 I believe.

The bracket adapters I bought really suck, but they work. The next problem you'll run into is the length of the bolts. Most of them aren't long enough for adapter brackets to the Samsung.

Rotating the tires was easier than changing the TV on this thing.
foglght is offline   Reply With Quote