Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-04-2018, 07:17 AM   #1

Televison Audio

I am trying to understand my TV audio. While watching TV, only the TV speakers have audio regardless of what speaker setting I choose. While watching a DVD the audio comes from the ceiling speakers. The only audio output connection I can find on the TV is the "Digital Audio Output" which already has a cable attached. I tried following the cable but seems like I have a rats nest behind the entertainment components.

I want to use the ceiling speakers while watching TV. Can anyone explain how this system works?
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:33 AM   #2

Mark,
My older Seneca allows me via the dash radio to send cabover TV audio (analog) to the ceiling speakers, I just have to select the "Aux" input in the dash receiver. The TV is always sending its audio there, I just need to select it to hear it.

However as you have figured out by now it wasn't good enough for me! So I installed a soundbar with a bluetooth-connected subwoofer. TV and soundbar connected with a digital optical cable. Now I have great TV sound! And when I really want to get crazy I can use both the soundbar/subwoofer AND the ceiling speakers!

To your question, I don't have a clue how to make it work in a new, HDMI-wired Seneca.

My wife reminds me every day I'm nuts. She's right!
Attached Thumbnails
20170811_143348.jpg  
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:36 AM   #3

In a Melbourne the setting is in the head unit not the TV. I don't remember the setting but it is something like Aux something. You might have to try a couple of the settings till the sound comes out if the Seneca is the same.
2016 Ford Focus set up to flat tow
Pfflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 07:50 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Mark,
My older Seneca allows me via the dash radio to send cabover TV audio (analog) to the ceiling speakers, I just have to select the "Aux" input in the dash receiver. The TV is always sending its audio there, I just need to select it to hear it.

However as you have figured out by now it wasn't good enough for me! So I installed a soundbar with a bluetooth-connected subwoofer. TV and soundbar connected with a digital optical cable. Now I have great TV sound! And when I really want to get crazy I can use both the soundbar/subwoofer AND the ceiling speakers!

To your question, I don't have a clue how to make it work in a new, HDMI-wired Seneca.

My wife reminds me every day I'm nuts. She's right!
Rob you will always be my hero!!! I am just going to drop my Seneca off at your house and leave you my credit card. Just calll me when it's done.

Or you can come to Florida and we can work on it together.
Old 01-04-2018, 08:06 AM   #5

Got it! Auxiliary input on the radio. Rob, i am still going to drop it off with you. Lol
Old 01-04-2018, 09:54 AM   #6

Mark, glad you figured it out (with some help - grin)
I had the exact same issue with my 27BHS TT.
I decided to let the dealer deal with it while they installed a new radio for me (still under warranty) as my original FURRION had a DVD stuck in it. They told me they had to buy a specific cable from Best Buy in order for the TT speakers to go thru television. I already had HDMI hooked up to DVD/TV but still needed a certain type of wires to connect?
It was a $60 cable but I said, go for it!

2016 Jayflight 27BHS
2015 Ford F-250 Super cab LB, 4x4 6.2 L gas
kayakterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 03:45 PM   #7

Melbourne radio

While we are on the subject of radios, can you watch a dvd inserted in the radio and somehow watch it on the tv?
LindaInTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 07:05 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaInTexas View Post
While we are on the subject of radios, can you watch a dvd inserted in the radio and somehow watch it on the tv?

If we're driving - no.
On our Jensen, it'll play on the back TV but not on the radio -- again, if we're moving.

In park, it will.
It will play on the head-unit and the back TV
Old 02-18-2018, 02:45 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
I am trying to understand my TV audio. While watching TV, only the TV speakers have audio regardless of what speaker setting I choose. While watching a DVD the audio comes from the ceiling speakers. The only audio output connection I can find on the TV is the "Digital Audio Output" which already has a cable attached. I tried following the cable but seems like I have a rats nest behind the entertainment components.

I want to use the ceiling speakers while watching TV. Can anyone explain how this system works?
I have a better idea. Drop by Costco or Best Buy and pick up a sound bar. Plugs directly into the TV with a digital audio cable and sounds fantastic. Also uses a remote (or an iPhone app) to allow you to connect other devices via Bluetooth

We got a Yamaha bar at Costco before Christmas on sale but there are loads of them, with or without separate sub woofers.

Just a thought...
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
--
Click_here is offline   Reply With Quote