Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-17-2017, 10:41 PM   #1

Thermostat problem

Our thermostat keeps resetting to 72 which must be a factory setting. I just happened to Google the problem to see what the manufacturer is saying about the problem and I happened to find this thread about jimandcarol having the same problem. My question is has there been anymore since this thread and has the problem been addressed to finally correct this problem. I probably have answered my own question since my thermostat is in a 2016 Grewhawk and this thread from jimandcarol was posted in 2013. But any updated help would be great!

Thanks,
Bill
3fivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:12 PM   #2

I'm guessing here but it shouldn't reset unless power is dropped to it. If you're securing the 12VDC, turning it back on and discovering the reset, that may be the problem. Setting the thermostat to OFF and then to another position should not reset it.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:19 PM   #3

thermostat problem

Actually last night i went to bed and the thermostat was set at 68 and I got up about 2:00 to switch from heat pump to gas and it was still at 68. I woke up about 4:00 and checked the thermostat and it was at 72. Thanks, Bill
3fivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 11:34 PM   #4

If it reset by itself, then obviously that's a problem. Any chance the 12VDC to your rig got reset momentarily? If not, it would be a defective thermostat or a loose wire going to the thermostat. Don't be shy about tapping the thermostat a bit or even banging on the wall to detect intermittent wiring or intermittent connections internal to the thermostat.
Old 01-18-2017, 11:19 AM   #5
BCK

Might be a dumb question but is your thermostat programmable? It could be programmed to change back to 72 at the same time every day.
BCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 06:31 AM   #6

3fivers, I had the same problem. Search for this thread. RVComfort.HP Thermostat Problem
Old 01-19-2017, 08:42 AM   #7

Jayco has a fix for this

I was having the same issue with my Greyhawk. I called the Warranty number for Jayco and described my problem. They seemed familiar with it and knew what to do. They said a mobile repair man could come out and install a relay on the furnace to stop this thermostat from resetting. Apparently the thermostat will lose power in certain situations and then reset itself to the default 72 when it regains power. The relay assures that the thermostat always has power from the batteries so this does not happen. I asked if they could just send the relay to me and let me do it myself. They did send it to me, but after looking at their diagram and the furnace wiring, I couldn't see where to wire it in, so I had it installed at Lazydays in Tampa when I had some other warranty items being repaired.

Former:
2015 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS
Toad: 2009 Ford Flex
jvteach77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 11:48 AM   #8

Thermostat reset to 72 degrees

I also have the same problem. I called Jayco. They are aware of the problem and sent me a relay kit at no charge. It came with a wiring diagram but not pictures as to where to make the connections. I am assuming that this should be installed in the propane heater area. I have not removed the heater cover to check this out yet. I wish they had sent a picture with arrow to connection points. If I find out anything, I will post again.

2013 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS
2002 Honda Accord towed, ACME tow dolly
Northwest Bob is offline   Reply With Quote