Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-10-2016, 01:50 PM   #1

Thinking of buying a 29MV

We are thinkng of purchasing a 2016 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV AND we are first time rv'ers. Any suggestions on do's and don'ts would be greatly appreciated.
Thx.
JD51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 02:41 PM   #2

We too chose the 29MV last summer (2015 model) due to; open floor plan, slides on side opposite of camping area, walk around bed with side windows and night stands, lots of bedroom storage, large kitchen counter with again tons of storage. BTW we too are 1st time RV buyers.

You may want to look at the 2017s. A few new features like double fridge door option, upgraded shower doors, skylight above kitchen/dining area, tri-fold sleeper sofa and no carpet throughout.
2017 Ford Edge w/Blue Ox Setup
To Yosemite... and Beyond!
MrJackSprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 03:08 PM   #3

I have been looking at the 2017's. They do look nice. Thanks for the reply.
JD51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 05:24 PM   #4

We got the 29MV because the wife liked the floor plan . Lots of counter space (much more than our last 2 MHs), rides and drives so much better than the other 2. Currently on our second cross country (west coast to east coast and back) so that must say something for it. I've also lived in it for a couple of months either hosting or working. So far so good!
Old 05-10-2016, 05:50 PM   #5

We love our 29MV. For all the floorplan/kitchen reasons sited above. Also I really appreciate all the slideouts being on the driver side; nice big awning area for the side you 'live on' outside.

Exterior storage is somewhat lacking however, but we knew that going in and have made do with what we have available just fine.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:19 AM   #6

Jopopsy, the more storage you have in a MH, the more unnecessary crap you tend to haul around!
Old 05-11-2016, 10:47 AM   #7

We were shopping for a coach back in Feb, had viewed five other models on that day, when we stepped into the '16 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV.

The moment we stepped into the 29MV, the wife was hooked.

Like most everyone here, we love our 29MV .........

Toad - '16 Subaru Forester (Pearl White - manual transmission)
Blue Ox (everything) for the TOAD
Boudreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:21 PM   #8

We chose the 2015 29MV also because of the floor plan. My mother-in-law gets the queen size bed room and if we open the bathroom door, it creates Nice privacy for her. She keeps the screen drawn so if my wife or I want to use the bathroom we can without intruding on her. Nice amount of inside storage, too.
Gmdjeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2016, 08:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boudreaux View Post
We were shopping for a coach back in Feb, had viewed five other models on that day, when we stepped into the '16 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV.

Same here, went to the SoCal RV show for the 2015 model year and after several class A's and C's. She walked into the 29MV and the rest is history!

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2016, 12:22 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD51 View Post
We are thinkng of purchasing a 2016 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV AND we are first time rv'ers. Any suggestions on do's and don'ts would be greatly appreciated.
Thx.
Hi JD,
I looked at both the MV and the ME. I went with the 2016 29ME. I like 3 slide outs because the opposing slides in the main area of the coach really gives it a roomy feeling. I also like the dinette across from the sofa when you have guests in. The trade-off is the smaller amount of counter space, but we are going to be grilling out a lot so not a big issue for us. I DID like the bed slide out in the MV better. Out the side instead of the back. There are trade-offs in both, but I think they are both GREAT choices. Good luck!
Joe

JH
Tampa Bay
2016 Jayco Greyhawk 29ME
0and2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 03:05 PM   #11

I have a 2017 29MV on order and supposed to be in the last of May or first part of June. I originally considered the ME but decided I like the bathroom and shower situation better in the MV. I did like the more spacious living area in the ME but I will be traveling alone now since my wife died this last year so that would not be a big factor for me. We had previously had both Class A Dp and fifth wheels so the Class C will be all new to me.

I ordered the front entertainment, the wheels and full body paint for options. I liked the larger Fridge option but don'think I really need it. I just hope I haven't made a mistake in buying this unit at my age.......buts its on the way. We shall see.

Good luck in making your decision and Happy Travels!!
Titleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 07:04 AM   #12

Another thing to look for is how much interior space is there when the slides are in. We have plenty of isle space and full access to queen in the back, fridge and kitchen areas when slides are in. This is something to consider if you are "quick camping" and cant/don't want to open slides for the night.
Old 05-16-2016, 07:52 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJackSprat View Post
Another thing to look for is how much interior space is there when the slides are in. We have plenty of isle space and full access to queen in the back, fridge and kitchen areas when slides are in. This is something to consider if you are "quick camping" and cant/don't want to open slides for the night.
This is so true, and very important.
I recall noticing on some coaches, that when the slides were closed, there was no full access to important things like the frig or the stove. To me that was a deal breaker.

Toad - '16 Subaru Forester (Pearl White - manual transmission)
Blue Ox (everything) for the TOAD
Boudreaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 12:04 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boudreaux View Post

This is an older thread but it describes our thoughts exactly the second we stepped inside the 29MV .... we knew it was the one for us. It just felt perfect. We explored one other MH for final comparison but it was really no contest. 😄
Save

Save
CA-Texas is offline   Reply With Quote