Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-28-2017, 11:42 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
Certainly great to hear. Hope Daves pick up is going as well in Tampa as your did in Albany. Very reassuring after looking at the reviews online you start to wonder, however then you see the sheer volume they folks do you can understand some issues popping up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BTW no Truma system...My 2018 Greyhawk has a quick recovery 6 gallon hot water tank.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
solderwhiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 09:44 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgolding View Post
Congrats, you've got a lot to learn and some things to adjust to. We've owned ours now going on two years. Our dealer MH2GO, Jayco and Freightliner have been extremely good at working through any concerns we have had. We couldn't be happier. I'm used to commissioning larger sailboats for people, so I have not thought things that needed adjust, replaced or tweaked has been exceptional. Your Seneca is not a mass produced unit like an automobile, but more like a house that has a large number of different products assembled inside a unit, that was originally made to be a delivery truck and if you think of it like that, you can understand that it will be a much better home in a year once you've learned everything.

ENJOY THE RIDE!
Well said....
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:24 PM   #23

Congrat's

2017 Ram 3500 4x4 Dually 6.7L HO Turbo Diesel with Aisin Tranny
50 Gal. Transfer Flow Auxiliary Tank
2014 Ram 2500 6.7 Cummins (Sold)
2017 Pinnacle 36KPTS
Wampuscat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 10:54 PM   #24

Congratulations they are an amazing unit
ready2retire&drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 08:50 AM   #25

What a day!! Left Panama City at 4 AM and arrived in Tampa on-time for our noon paperwork shuffle and PDI. Very sobering sight on I-75 northbound just south of Ocala. Class A and it's toad on their side. Northbound traffic was backed-up for a good 4 miles.

"Closing", for lack of a better term, was pretty painless. The finance person
really pushed the extended warranties: mechanical, tires, fabric protection. I stood my ground and refused all. I just smiled and told the person I was the hardest extended warranty sell and hadn't purchased one in at least 25 years.

The PDI lasted about an 1.5 hours and I must say I was overall very pleased. As we all know, if you ever went into this cold, there is no way you could be sufficiently educated, even if the PDI lasted all afternoon. Even with what I have learned from the forum, it still felt like I was "drinking from a fire hose"! Definitely information overload! Only one minor issue was found (not saying we didn't miss anything...I'm sure I'll discover things over the weekend). They used round-head screws in the mounting bracket for the collapsible dinnete. It collapsed fine...just would not come back up because the screws were blocking its travel. They replaced them with flat-heads and all seems well. When I asked about the bunk/MB slide, the demonstrator actually started pressing and letting go of the switch until I squawked that he would get the motors out of synch (more on this later).

One disappointment was the king bed. It is supposed to have gas struts to aid in lifting the bed up to access the storage underneath. It does not have the struts (as advertised) but just the support rod that was present in earlier FS models. I need to call JAYCO and ask on this one. There is no way the DW can lift the bed without the struts.

Also, they advertise a privacy curtain for the cab. Not too interested in using it for privacy (I have the heatshields for that), but it would have provided a good a blackout curtain for night driving. All they have installed now is just a 44" x 102" curtain for the cab-over bunk. So I guess all have to make one myself. We anticipate quite a bit of night driving and it will be impossible with any of the house lights on. More of an annoyance but another one of those "what were they thinking" issues. So a note to RVermont and Mark S or anyone else preparing to purchase a Seneca: you will not have any front cab privacy unless you provide it yourself. Luckily, I had the HeatShield with me. Definitely going to have someone redo the cab-over bunk curtains so they are much longer and a heavier material. Once they are closed in-camp, they will also help keep the house A/C from going into the cab area.

Manuals
Never seen so many user manuals, printed directions, etc. in my life and I was very pleased to receive them. Really good separate manuals
on the M2, Cummings, and Allison.

I left Tampa RV at 2:45 and drove the 3 miles to LazyDays without incident. Once we got situated, checked power, hooked-up power, and hooked-up water I decided to level and extend the slides. Front slide worked perfectly. Rear slide....remember above about me squawking at the demonstrator about jocking the rear slide switch? Not sure if there is a connection, but when I tried to extend the slide, you could see the back-end of the slide start falling behind the front-end and then it would lock-up (hmmm...think something is out-of-synch?). Tried again a couple of times with the same result. Finally retracted the slide, left it alone for 5 minutes, came back and held the switch in the retract position for about 10 seconds. Then put the switch on extend and it worked perfectly?

Although my FS is one of the last '17 models, I still got the Girard instead of the Truma. It is the latest generation and last night's results were mixed, at best. I've got some other ideas...to be continued.

Please feel free to ask any questions, forum or private email. I am so glad I found this forum last July as this would have been a very difficult, if not impossible, journey without all the guidance and advise I received. Thanks to all for your encouragement and support!

FYI...the high temp forecast for Tampa today is 97!!
javamon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 11:08 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by javamon View Post

Although my FS is one of the last '17 models, I still got the Girard instead of the Truma. It is the latest generation and last night's results were mixed, at best. I've got some other ideas...to be continued.

Please feel free to ask any questions, forum or private email. I am so glad I found this forum last July as this would have been a very difficult, if not impossible, journey without all the guidance and advise I received. Thanks to all for your encouragement and support!
!
Congrats on your new rig....

On the WH... try adjusting the temperature down to a point where you can shower with 100% hot water, then raise it just a little. Then when you are showering, just add a little of the cold valve to make it comfortable. The Girard works very well for us once we set it up this way.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 11:34 AM   #27

congrats!

A little late now but one piece of PDI advice I got from an RV salesman was - one spouse just records the entire PDI as a movie on their phone, while the other does the PDI.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 02:47 PM   #28

97'? I guess you get to check out the ac right off the bat. Congrats on the first successful day. I appreciate the info on the black out screens. I will need to look into that.

How did you find the comfort of the bed? While I have laid on several I have not slept on one as of yet but hear that they can be be pretty bad.

Keep up your reports and send some photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2017, 02:55 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVermont View Post
...How did you find the comfort of the bed? While I have laid on several I have not slept on one as of yet but hear that they can be be pretty bad.

Keep up your reports and send some photos.
I will have to defer until a few more nights. Last night I had been up 19 hours, had a very stressful day and half a bottle of wine with dinner. I slept very well and could have done so on a concrete pad. :sleep
Old 04-29-2017, 07:17 PM   #30
SJD

Javamon- On my 2017 FS it came with a privacy curtain as well as a bunk curtain. Check all of your cabinets as ours was stuffed in one that you would not expect. Secondly our King bed did not have the gas struts either. I just installed a set myself, easy fix. FYI, we had to resync our bunk/MB slide also after the walk thru. They are nice units, we love ours as you will too.
SJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 04:53 AM   #31

I am really glad your delivery day went well. I am sure the entire day was a bit overwhelming. I wish you and the family many miles of happiness.

My 37 TS arrived RV One in Orlando and they let me drive and spend several hours just crawling around in it. My PDI is scheduled for Thursday if I can get everything done. I am scrambling to get the finances and everything done in a day when I thought I had 2 weeks. Not complaining just feeling a bit of pressure, which is where I operate the best I guess.

Besides changes that we have all discussed, I found the visual change for 18 that caught my eye is that the slide walls are just plain black whereas before I think they continued the graphic. So far that is my only disappointment.

What heat shield did you get for the windshield? Searching Amazon I haven't found much.

Safe travels
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 07:51 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark S View Post
What heat shield did you get for the windshield? Searching Amazon I haven't found much.

Safe travels
Nice to hear they gave you a little breathing room. The one I bought is used by a lot of Seneca owners on the forum: HeatShield

https://www.heatshieldstore.com/sun_...er/m2_cab/2016

Very pleased with mine. Very good fit and the side windows have good suction cups built in.
Old 04-30-2017, 08:33 AM   #33

Quote:
Nice to hear they gave you a little breathing room. The one I bought is used by a lot of Seneca owners on the forum: HeatShield

https://www.heatshieldstore.com/sun_...er/m2_cab/2016

Very pleased with mine. Very good fit and the side windows have good suction cups built in.
Ordered. Thank you.
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2017, 10:13 AM   #34

Quote:
Last night I had been up 19 hours, had a very stressful day
we must work at the same place.
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote