Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-14-2024, 05:54 PM   #1

Three-way five function water manifold

Recently I took my Class C Jayco Redhawk25R to Camping World to get dewinterized. When I brought it home the three-way five function water manifold was leaking behind the panel. I am not going to take it back to Camping World because I believe they had something to do with it now leaking, it wasn't leaking prior to my bringing it there. Now, where can I get one of these 3-way five function water manifolds? I called Jayco Parts but they will not send the part out. They did send me a picture of the new updated manifold which is all brass. They said I would have to take it to a RV dealer. I do not want to spend another $300.00 or more to get this fixed. I have a friend that is willing to help me replace it. Any ideas would help. Thank you, PastaSnoozer3023
PastaSnoozer3023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 06:36 PM   #2

A dealer or JAYCO authorized seller are the only ones they will ship to. Post a pic and and that may help someone tell you where to look.

Try Blue Compass in Lebanon.

You may also try here, no connection to the factory.

https://www.jaycorvparts.com/
Old 04-14-2024, 07:59 PM   #3

If you take a look at the valves and the manifold itself you may find the leak is on one of the fittings instead of the brass valves and if so you could replace the leaking component. Also there are the water lines there that could be the source of the leak.

Also, If the manifold components are cracked, then the issue was more likely with the winterizing process vs the de-winterizing and possibly some water was still in the manifold and froze over the winter. ~CA
Old 04-14-2024, 08:07 PM   #4

Here is a link to some images for you to see what it looks like (in particular post #12). The poly connections are what I was saying you should be able to replace easy enough if one of them is cracked. You may find the brass valves still in good shape. ~CA

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...ler-75202.html
Old 04-14-2024, 08:52 PM   #5

Water manifold replacement

Thank you all for your replies and help. I am going to call Dunlap RV ( now called the Blue Compass) in Lebanon tomorrow to see if they have the manifold in stock and if I can buy the part without having the Dealership do the repair. The water leak was on the left side between the plastic and the copper fitting. I attached two pictures here one is of the new replacement brass fitting from Jayco Parts and the other picture is from my RV the one I will be replacing.
Thank you all again!
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot_20240413-153200_Gmail.jpg   20240413_120904.jpg  
Old 04-14-2024, 09:01 PM   #6

Water manifold

I am still trying to maneuver around this website so please bear with me I am trying to download some pictures here.....
Attached Thumbnails
20240413_120733.jpg   Screenshot_20240413-153200_Gmail.jpg   20240413_121238.jpg  
Old 04-14-2024, 09:12 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by PastaSnoozer3023 View Post
I am still trying to maneuver around this website so please bear with me I am trying to download some pictures here.....
Just an FYI, what they are showing for you to purchase is setup for threaded connections, your existing pex hoses are setup for a connection that isn't threaded (pex band clamped).

You can purchase these in poly or brass at most plumbing shops, I even think I saw them in poly at Tractor supply not long ago, and that is what I would suggest to replace, that is if the valve itself isn't cracked (freeze cracked). ~CA (also the image is just fyi, I haven't verified that the valves are 1/2").
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.jpg  
Old 04-14-2024, 09:22 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigav View Post
Just an FYI, what they are showing for you to purchase is setup for threaded connections, your existing pex hoses are setup for a connection that isn't threaded (pex band clamped).

You can purchase these in poly or brass at most plumbing shops, I even think I saw them in poly at Tractor supply not long ago, and that is what I would suggest to replace, that is if the valve itself isn't cracked (freeze cracked). ~CA (also the image is just fyi, I haven't verified that the valves are 1/2").
Your right! Thank you for that Craigavon!
Old 04-14-2024, 09:55 PM   #9

BTW, as I thought about it, what I shared earlier says it is "ONLY for PEX A" and I believe RV's use only "PEX B". I am not a plumbing expert so maybe someone can add more information. As I understand PEX A uses heat to expand the pipe, insert the fitting, and when it cools it is set, and PEX B uses the clamps as in your images and what I see in my RV.

So, I am more confident (except for the sizing but I suspect 1/2") that this is what you need. I didn't look but I suspect you can get these in brass and I also suspect sharkbite sells a compatible fitting as well which may be easier for you to use. ~CA
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.JPG  
Old 04-15-2024, 08:19 PM   #10

FYI Today I called the parts department at Blue Compass RV, formally Dunlap RV, in Lebanon. I was able to order the brass water manifold. They did not have it in stock but I should be able to pick it up in a week. It was $218.00. Hopefully I will be able to pick up the rest of the parts I will need to put this all together!!������ thank you all for your help and your input! It is greatly appreciated!
Old 04-15-2024, 08:55 PM   #11

Quote:
FYI Today I called the parts department at Blue Compass RV, formally Dunlap RV, in Lebanon. I was able to order the brass water manifold. They did not have it in stock but I should be able to pick it up in a week. It was $218.00. Hopefully I will be able to pick up the rest of the parts I will need to put this all together!!������ thank you all for your help and your input! It is greatly appreciated!
Do you have a part number for the replacement manifold? Might help others with similar issues. Thanks!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 07:59 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
Do you have a part number for the replacement manifold? Might help others with similar issues. Thanks!
Yes... agree! Ours is starting to get stiff when turning the valves.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2024, 10:11 PM   #13

Part # 2046648 Manifold 3 Way 5 Function Solid Brass.
Old 04-21-2024, 06:57 AM   #14

Wow! Jayco is finally switching over to brass manifolds, that must really hurt their bottom line! As this is, or hopefully was, a known issue. I had the same problem on my 2019 Redhawk 25R a few years back when we got caught in an un-forecasted freeze over, it caused a leak and it had to be changed. I got a plastic/brass one as a replacement back then. If mine starts to leak again, (and the valves are still good), I’ll take it apart and buy all brass fittings. Also note, the mobile RV tech that changed mine put it back with hose clamps. I was a little worried about using them, but it’s been fine for the past 4-5 years. And it will be much easier to take off hose clamps then those pex clamps if it should need replacing again. That is one tight space to work in!
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 05:17 PM   #15

I have the same leaks on both ends of the plastic tee. I have the manifold mounting plate on my Alante so all I have to do is disconnect 3 middile water lines (with screw clamps) and I should be able to pull the whole assembly out the front. Note; the far left and far right water lines are connected together in a U configuration so I shouldn't have to disconnect them from the manifold to disassemble it until I get the assembly out. I hope to just inspect and clean the tee and reassemble using pipe dope sealant or silicone pipe thread sealing tape, both of which I have.
DonLegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2024, 08:15 PM   #16

Well, we put it all together today with all new parts and unfortunately it is leaking around the hose clamps. We tightened up the hose clamps that were leaking and we were able to get it to stop. Change the function to city water flow and it started leaking again....�� we will see what happens tomorrow, may just have to take it in if we can't get it to stop leaking. Assembled and disassembled it three times already..... might need the crimp type clamps instead of the screw on clamps now......
Old 04-22-2024, 07:32 AM   #17

Quote:
Well, we put it all together today with all new parts and unfortunately it is leaking around the hose clamps. We tightened up the hose clamps that were leaking and we were able to get it to stop. Change the function to city water flow and it started leaking again....�� we will see what happens tomorrow, may just have to take it in if we can't get it to stop leaking. Assembled and disassembled it three times already..... might need the crimp type clamps instead of the screw on clamps now......
That was my fear with hose clamps, but he got it on the first try. The hoses have impressions in them from the old pex crimps, I’m sure this doesn’t help. Make sure you buy good SS hose clamps. A lot of places sell cheap Chinese ones, these will strip if you tighten them up enough. Go to a marine store if you have to, they will have good SS hose clamps. If all else fails, either go buy a pex crimp setup, or if you have any slack on the water lines, cut fresh ends. I don’t know if your rig is exactly like mine, but the problem with my 2019 Redhawk 25R is that compartment that manifold is in is so small I don’t even think the pex crimping tool would fit inside of it!

Hope you get it to stop leaking easily. Keep us posted and don’t get discouraged!
Old 04-22-2024, 09:38 PM   #18

Thanks for the encouragement Johnynorthland. You were right about the clamps, two of them did break when we tried to tighten them more. Also, right again, the compartment is very small, ended up with a few cuts on the hand. I will keep you posted but I'm pretty sure I will be taking it in and letting the professionals handle it. Sometimes I'm pennywise and pound foolish.....
Old 04-22-2024, 09:50 PM   #19

Quote:
Thanks for the encouragement Johnynorthland. You were right about the clamps, two of them did break when we tried to tighten them more. Also, right again, the compartment is very small, ended up with a few cuts on the hand. I will keep you posted but I'm pretty sure I will be taking it in and letting the professionals handle it. Sometimes I'm pennywise and pound foolish.....
It seems as if you are so close to finishing this yourself. I would highly consider following Johnny's suggestion of using the proper tool and clamps. It is not very expensive and many RV'rs here suggest that everyone should carry a kit with them just in case. The SS screw type clamps may work in an emergency but really don't work well with PEX. (The image is just an example, not a personal recommendation for this particular kit although Amazon recommends it) ~CA
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.jpg  
Old 04-23-2024, 01:53 AM   #20

Quote:
Your welcome. I was an auto technician most of my younger life, and also worked with my Dad in the home improvement business. Now, retired, physically not able to do certain things, I pick and choose my battles with projects on my RV. When my manifold started leaking, I looked at that tiny work space and called a mobile tech! I also had him upgrade my front shocks while he was there. I handed him tools and kept a respectful eye on him!

And like Craig said buy the pex kit either way, it a necessary tool in your arsenal! Also pick up some pex fittings and short pieces of pex. I bought this kit on Amazon, it’s compact, decent quality and inexpensive

JWGJW PEX Pinch Clamp Tool for 3/8 inch, 1/2 inch, 3/4 inch, 1 inch PEX Clamps,PEX Crimping Tool,PEX Clamp Cinch Tool,with 1/2" 22PCS and 3/4"10PCS Stainless Steel Clamps (JW-002)
https://a.co/d/fajH8WS

Good luck!