Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-27-2024, 07:49 PM   #1

Tire Pressures

How does one go about determining the correct tire pressure when the label is missing from the B post?
TazyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 07:55 PM   #2

Go to a Cat scale and use a tire pressure chart ..brand doesn't really mater just size and load range.

https://rvsafety.com/images/pdf/mich...ionrvtruck.pdf
Old 05-27-2024, 07:57 PM   #3
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazyD View Post
How does one go about determining the correct tire pressure when the label is missing from the B post?

What does it say on the side of the tire? That is your max pressure.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2024, 08:31 PM   #4

I run mine at the max pressure listed on the sidewall of the tire. This way you can support the max load. If you have a tire inflated for X weight and happen to go over that weight then the tire is underinflated and underinflated tires make more heat and more heat causes tires to blow. My tow vehicle tires run at max pressure all the time, loaded or unloaded. Some people reduce the tire pressure when not towing so it will be a smoother ride, etc... I dont have time to fiddle around with inflating all of them when I want to hook up to something and go.
I've run all my vehicles and trailers this way for many years, drove and towed many miles and never had a tire fail or wear out prematurely.
Old 05-28-2024, 05:40 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lake Huron View Post
I run mine at the max pressure listed on the sidewall of the tire. This way you can support the max load. If you have a tire inflated for X weight and happen to go over that weight then the tire is underinflated and underinflated tires make more heat and more heat causes tires to blow. My tow vehicle tires run at max pressure all the time, loaded or unloaded. Some people reduce the tire pressure when not towing so it will be a smoother ride, etc... I dont have time to fiddle around with inflating all of them when I want to hook up to something and go.
I've run all my vehicles and trailers this way for many years, drove and towed many miles and never had a tire fail or wear out prematurely.
I always ran my smaller pop-up tires at labeled pressure. I don't carry a lot of cargo, so the trailer would actually be pretty lightweight. I had a friend borrow the camper and told me it was 'too bouncy' and to let out some air. I told him "nope. Not playing that game of 'figuring less air for less load" I went with what the tire stated, period. Told him when he buys the tires, he can run them as he wished.
2023 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2.7L EcoBoost, 4x4, 3.73 axle, #1900 payload #10,100 tow capacity.
JKyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 06:26 AM   #6

But I thhink he has a motorhome..
Old 05-28-2024, 06:32 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKyle View Post
I always ran my smaller pop-up tires at labeled pressure. I don't carry a lot of cargo, so the trailer would actually be pretty lightweight. I had a friend borrow the camper and told me it was 'too bouncy' and to let out some air. I told him "nope. Not playing that game of 'figuring less air for less load" I went with what the tire stated, period. Told him when he buys the tires, he can run them as he wished.
X2!
I had the same exact thing happen years ago with my utility trailer. Loaned it out to a friend and when I went to use it some time later I loaded it up with some lumber and the tires were almost flat. I got lucky and made it to the gas station and put air in them. Found out later he said it rode too stiff so they let some ait out of the tires to make it ride smoother for moving their furniture, erc.
Last time it was EVER loaned out.
Lake Huron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2024, 07:24 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TazyD View Post
Probably good to post Make, model and year and pretty sure someone has the same rig with the door sticker still intact and can help

Seems most dual rear and single front run 75 front 80 rear based on door stickers
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote