Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 01-27-2023, 10:51 PM   #1

Tire Replacement.

I currently have Michelin LTX M/S LT225/75R16 on my 32' Jayco Greyhawk and the tire shop says they "can't source the Defender LTX model in that size by Michelin"

They suggested the following tire...

Miichelin Agilis crossclimate lt225/75r16

Any thought on this tire or is there a better replacement?
Old 01-27-2023, 11:14 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowCross View Post
I currently have Michelin LTX M/S LT225/75R16 on my 32' Jayco Greyhawk and the tire shop says they "can't source the Defender LTX model in that size by Michelin"

They suggested the following tire...

Miichelin Agilis crossclimate lt225/75r16

Any thought on this tire or is there a better replacement?
X2. I’ve run the same tires LTX on my truck and have been happy with them. I got the same response when trying to find replacements (LT235 85R16 LRE). The Agilis seems to have mixed reviews. I’d love to hear any thoughts from JOF users.
😁 "If a man says he’ll fix something, he will. There’s no need to remind him every 6 months.
LuckyDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 09:39 AM   #3

I have had them on my 3500 since the summer of '21. I've probably put about 20k-25k miles on them and they still look brand new. They are way better than the Nexen brand that were original equipment that I replaced at 15k-20k miles. I'd buy them again.
Old 01-28-2023, 12:01 PM   #4

Just replaced my 2017 Greyhawk tires after a tread separation on the freeway. Installed the Michelin Agilis Cross Climate ones after doing some research. They appear fine and matched the load range on the Michelin tires I replaced. Only have driven 15 miles or so on them but heading out in a week. After experiencing a blowout I fully expect to be on edge with every little bump.

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 01:50 PM   #5

I purchased the Cross climate as well recently after I had issues with my tires on one side, heavy tank side, my error for not rotating them

Happy so far and the load rating is high which is good
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 05:33 PM   #6

Check out the C rated version of that tire. It is a commercial rated tire. Rated for a little more weight per tire vs the lt version. I will be ordering a set of them this spring.
#Love4Layla
Raines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 07:25 PM   #7

Costco has a special on Michelin tires until the end of the month. You get $150 off if you buy 4 tires. The C version of the Agilis Cross Climate 225/75/R16 is going for $281 each. If you can find someone else that needs 6 tires, both of you can get 3 of the deals (12 tires). Otherwise, you get the $150 off the 4, and then you'll have to buy the other 2, but no discount of the 2.
jyh818 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 08:27 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raines View Post
Check out the C rated version of that tire. It is a commercial rated tire. Rated for a little more weight per tire vs the lt version. I will be ordering a set of them this spring.
The load rating on both my new and old tires is 115. There are higher load ratings available at higher cost.

I was going to purchase from Costco but apparently they don't do motor homes. Ended up going to America's Tires which had the best price. Purchased online and set up an appointment online. Pretty easy.

Wherever you go make sure they can do your rig. Also, get the load range you currently have or better.

Jim

Retired electronic technician (45 years in the field)
2017 Greyhawk 29W (solar & many other mods)
wife (maybe I should have given her top billing)
JimD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 09:38 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyh818 View Post
Costco has a special on Michelin tires until the end of the month. You get $150 off if you buy 4 tires. The C version of the Agilis Cross Climate 225/75/R16 is going for $281 each. If you can find someone else that needs 6 tires, both of you can get 3 of the deals (12 tires). Otherwise, you get the $150 off the 4, and then you'll have to buy the other 2, but no discount of the 2.
Thanks, I will check them out
#Love4Layla
Raines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 02:37 PM   #10

You have to be a little careful with the new Cross climate tire in LT form. They are rated at 2680 for a single @ 90PSI as opposed to 80 for the Hankook tire or the previous Michelin.
foglght is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 02:19 PM   #11

Smile

I recently replaced my original Michelin tires at 31,000 miles that came with my 2017 Greyhawk 29ME with the Michelin cross climates. Drove from Rhode Island to Disney world in Orlando (1,500 miles) with no issues through high winds and pouring rain. while I think the original tires were a bit better, theses tires performed well and may do even better if we see slush/snow on the return home to New England. Bought them online for $213 apiece and had them installed locally for $200 for 6 tires. With discounts the total cost was about $1,500. Sold the old tires that had nice tread on them for $100 to a nonprofit truck driver.
Zaneyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 05:28 PM   #12

I'm interested on your opinion after 5 months with those tires. I'm researching tires now for replacements
kmickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 05:54 PM   #13

Tire research

One thing I've learned on this forum about tires is that everyone has an opinion, and it is usually based on their own experience they have had in their past with certain brands. I am currently researching tires now for replacements on the four rear duals of my 32' Jayco class C after failures on 3 tires and a blow out yesterday on the fourth. Tires Goodyear Wranglers 225/75R16 are less then 3 years old and less then 10000 miles. Also what I have learned in my 55 years of buying tire for my personal use, I have never had good experience Goodyear tires on my passenger cars and now Goodyear Wranglers on my Jayco. So, I am currently following this forum closely to what other members have to say about their own experiences with tire brands.
kmickel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 06:02 PM   #14

I have used Firestone, Toyo, Michelin, and now Hankooks on new motorhome. My favorites are Toyo and the Hankooks! The ride and wear are the best with these two!
Ttlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 06:39 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmickel View Post
One thing I've learned on this forum about tires is that everyone has an opinion, and it is usually based on their own experience they have had in their past with certain brands. I am currently researching tires now for replacements on the four rear duals of my 32' Jayco class C after failures on 3 tires and a blow out yesterday on the fourth. Tires Goodyear Wranglers 225/75R16 are less then 3 years old and less then 10000 miles. Also what I have learned in my 55 years of buying tire for my personal use, I have never had good experience Goodyear tires on my passenger cars and now Goodyear Wranglers on my Jayco. So, I am currently following this forum closely to what other members have to say about their own experiences with tire brands.
It seems everyone has a different experience with specific brands of tires. For me, on my pickup truck Goodyear Wranglers, which I believe are the exact size you mentioned, worked perfectly. 40 to 50k miles on each set. And I tried a different tire and my truck rode like crap!

So yeah, experiences vary.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2023, 08:03 PM   #16

Try Walmart.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Michelin-...ctedSellerId=0
This should get you there and then it will search for them near you. If not near, call one and see if you can order them.
Kevin Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote