"Plan is too have them in the RV, but if weather gets too bad, pull over and wait the storm out."
I think that is the best idea. I originally didn't even look at this post, but I was drawn in by thoughts of a broken tire chain tearing up the side of the coach. With you living in Colorado, I understand the legal concern, but waiting it out is by far the best plan.
Ric and Jan Golding
2016 Jayco Seneca 37FS
2016 Chevrolet Traverse
2018 Cheverolet Silverado