Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-08-2023, 06:39 PM   #1

Tochta Hinged Mattress

I have read numerous threads on mattress replacement. I want my factory mattress gone asap, it's killing me.

The mattress in my 27U measures 68 x 80 and is 11" thick.

I have seen a few posts saying Tochta custom makes these, but I do not recall anyone saying they actually have one and would recommend this brand of mattress.

I submitted my dimensions to Tochta this afternoon and received a quote within hours. Their max thickness is 10". This is ok by me as long as it is comfortable.

Does anyone who owns this mattress brand recommend this mattress?

Thanks
Old 03-09-2023, 06:00 AM   #2

I don't have any experience with either but a couple friends of mine have used https://www.custommattressfactory.com/rv-mattress and are very happy. They will also build any custom mattress that you want. My friends have the mattress with the latex in it and love it. As a bonus they are made in NC.
MEILI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 05:24 PM   #3

I actually ordered a new one from Tochta in California to replace my original one in my Melbourne 24K (not sure who made it). I made the new one 3" longer so my feet don't hang off, and 2" deeper than the old one for both sides of the hinge part (they will build to your measurements). Am very happy with my replacement from them and no longer meet the wife in the middle of the night unless I want to :-)
bill_k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 09:06 PM   #4

I ordered one 2 weeks ago. It is scheduled to arrive tomorrow via UPS. Website said expect 2 weeks when i placed the order. Tomorrow is 2 weeks on the button.

I did continue to search this site for the Tochta brand and found some positive reviews, so I jumped in.

We may sleep on the new mattress tomorrow night while parked in the garage just to check it out.

It might not be better, but there's no way it can be worse.
Old 03-24-2023, 02:18 PM   #5

Bet you will like it. My wife and I are very happy with ours.
Old 03-24-2023, 04:47 PM   #6

I received my mattress this afternoon. Unpacked and placed in my unit. Took me and the DW about 10 minutes. The packaging was tight and well done. Very pleased at this point, it fit perfectly. We also purchased a mattress protector and fitted sheets from Tochta. These items also fit perfectly. My wife is actually happy, that's amazing it itself.

Initial feel for comfort was quite positive, we hope to sleep on it very soon, bad storms moving through so we are going to take a pass tonight.

I am now interested in finding a good material to lay under the short, hinged end to make up for the inch of height difference between the base of the head and foot sections; something that is also easily stored on top of the mattress area when the slide is in. I want to keep it simple. Any thoughts and/or ideas?
Old 03-25-2023, 11:24 AM   #7

I actually had Tochta make me a small pad when I ordered my mattress for just this purpose, and had it delivered with the mattress... When I unfold my mattress, I slip it under.

I looked at my old lay-up, and I had Tochta build me a fabric covered foam spacer 2" thick and 60" X 10" (I'm sure you can provide them with what you need for your Greyhawk). Thought it was around $20. Perhaps with all of the stuff you purchased from them, they could do you a solid for a reasonable price for this addition.
Old 03-25-2023, 07:49 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by bill_k View Post
I actually had Tochta make me a small pad when I ordered my mattress for just this purpose, and had it delivered with the mattress... When I unfold my mattress, I slip it under.

I looked at my old lay-up, and I had Tochta build me a fabric covered foam spacer 2" thick and 60" X 10" (I'm sure you can provide them with what you need for your Greyhawk). Thought it was around $20. Perhaps with all of the stuff you purchased from them, they could do you a solid for a reasonable price for this addition.
Bill, Thanks for the feedback. I wish I had considered that when I placed my original order! We picked up a cheap 1 and a 1/4-inch-thick foam mattress topper today and cut it to 68 x 29 inches, the size of the foot section. We are going to give it a try the next 3 nights at a local campground. Looking forward to it!!

If this doesn't work out I may contact Tochta to supply me with a custom pad.

Thanks again.
Old 03-29-2023, 06:47 PM   #9

Slept 3 nights on the new mattress, it was fantastic. If this mattress holds up over time, and I have no reason to think it won't, it may be the best purchase I have made for my RV.
Old 03-31-2023, 03:41 AM   #10

Nice. Glad you're happy with yours, I felt the same way about ours.