Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-28-2021, 06:20 PM   #1

Towing car with dolly and leveling motor home

We are striking out for our first trip pulling a Mater Tow car dolly with a Kia Soul attached. We have a 2018 Greyhawk 26Y. While traveling, we usually stop at Harvest Hosts, deploy the leveling system, and only extend the bedroom slide at the rear passenger side. Since this is the first time pulling a car dolly and the Kia, I thought: should we use the leveling system with the car dolly and Kia attached? There has been much discussion on this site about deploying the slides without the leveling system engaged. Of course, taking the Kia off the dolly and then removing the dolly would also be a BIG issue.

Any advice?
Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 06:33 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freeman View Post
We are striking out for our first trip pulling a Mater Tow car dolly with a Kia Soul attached. We have a 2018 Greyhawk 26Y. While traveling, we usually stop at Harvest Hosts, deploy the leveling system, and only extend the bedroom slide at the rear passenger side. Since this is the first time pulling a car dolly and the Kia, I thought: should we use the leveling system with the car dolly and Kia attached? There has been much discussion on this site about deploying the slides without the leveling system engaged. Of course, taking the Kia off the dolly and then removing the dolly would also be a BIG issue.

Any advice?
I've leveled plenty of times with my 4-down toad attached, your dolly won't be any problem at all. Just remember you can't back up with it attached!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 08:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbbyr View Post
I've leveled plenty of times with my 4-down toad attached, your dolly won't be any problem at all. Just remember you can't back up with it attached!
As said... Parking and leveling with a trailer attached (or trailer dolly) is OK

Do Not try to unload / load your trailer dolly with the jacks down... you should have the jacks retracted and be on your suspension - then load / unload your toad off the dolly.
07 Toyota FJC & Yamaha Kodiak 400 ATV

SloPoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2021, 09:02 PM   #4
RPR

We set turn our camera on rear view while towing. It switches to the side view when turn signals on then goes back to rear view when turn signals turn off. We stop little after leaving each day and check the straps.
RPR is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dolly, leveling system