Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-16-2022, 08:32 AM   #1

Towing Question

Hi All!

I have my Jeep sitting approx. 11in above my RV hitch (2019 Jayco Greyhawk 26Y). and found a 10in Hi/Lo adapter that should bring me within the 3in sweet spot.

Planning on using Blue-ox tow bar and patriot braking as well. I'm reading these Hi/Lo adapters reduce towing capacity by 50%? Is this true? Jayco RV towing capacity is 7500lbs which would bring it down to 3700lbs. Jeep loaded is about 5,500 lbs.

Apparently this won't work if that's the case, but it doesn't seem right to me, hopefully I'm missing something here?!

For those of you who may have lifted Jeeps w/aftermarket parts - What are you guys doing with flat towing your lifted rigs?

I have a Poison Spyder front bumper with rings that will work for towing. Do I need to add Blue Ox base plate to lower jeep towing point?

I've towed before, but never with this kind of set-up...

Thanks!
DnTmor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 08:12 AM   #2

I believe that the reduced rating is regarding tongue weight, not the actual towing weight.

I originally used a 4 inch hi/lo adapter for towing my F150 then I switched to a GenY receiver adapter for my Jeep.
Old 04-18-2022, 07:35 PM   #3

Thanks wmurphy! After more research I came to the same conclusion.
DnTmor is offline   Reply With Quote