Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-08-2017, 05:44 AM   #1

Truma Hot Water Heater

As I have found a wealth of information on this website from all of the members who post problems and solutions, I wanted to contribute to all your efforts and pass on what I have learned. We have an '18 Seneca 37TS on order, which may not be the best financial move one could make but we are looking forward to it. I have read the posts about the new hot water system and did some research. It seems there are three tiers to this system with the upper two tiers not only having freeze protection but also circulating hot water through the pipes to make for true "on demand" hot water; I was excited as this would decrease water loss while boondocking. Unfortunately I must report that Jayco is only putting the basic Truma system in the '18. There is some good news in that it is easily upgraded to the "comfort" (second tier) unit with some component changes. The bad news is that this was estimated at $400. According to the Jayco rep, this upgrade will allow for "in-coach" regulation of water temp, freeze protection, and easy user descaling. That being said, it is German made, been around longer than Girard, and is rumored to be 95% efficient.
McGintys924 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 03:48 PM   #2

I confirmed this with my dealer today and it is the basic unit. They are preparing a quote to make the changes to upgrade the unit to the comfort plus. I like the change but wish they had gone one more step. The price list show the basic at 1099 and the plus 1199. So not a big deal if jay did it but it will probably be closer to 400$ for the dealer to upgrade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote