Jayco RV Owners Forum
 



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-18-2017, 04:08 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Milford
Posts: 3
TSB #17-011reinforcement for leveling system bracket

Has anyone had this done ? If so what kind of reninforcement bracket was used?The bracket on my 2018 29mv grayhawk seems to be well welded to the frame.
__________________

skipbly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 06:57 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
DonaandDon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Kingston
Posts: 349
Pictures?
__________________

__________________
Don & Donna Stout

E-9 Anchor Clanker
Full timers since 2010
2017 North Point 381 DLQS
2015 F-250 6.7 w/Timbrens
DonaandDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 10:41 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Springfield
Posts: 229
I haven't seen it, but when I looked at mine, I felt right away there needs to be a gusset on both sides of the L bracket at the intersecting lower corners of the bracket. This would take the shape of a triangle of 1/8 steel welded at both corners. A couple short straps of 1/8 steel would also work at the same area on both sides, but steel triangles would be better. The effect is simply to add a 45 degree angle reinforcement. It will be interesting to see what they want done. If they issued a TSB, then no doubt this has happened more than once.
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 08:08 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
GeorgiaRV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 151
mine broke today. Will be calling tomorrow to figure out how to get it fixed.
__________________
2017 Greyhawk 29MV

GeorgiaRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 10:59 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
cabinetmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Granbury
Posts: 569
Guys this was from last year...any recalls were from around this time last year and all has been corrected since.

If you never had yours done and it was built before mid 2017 I would call Jayco and see what they will do for you.

Give customer relations your vin# and they can tell you if your pulley bolt needs torqued or your jacks pump bracket needs bracing.

Again...this does not apply to late 2018 or 2019 builds.
__________________
2018 Greyhawk 29MVP
2018 Jeep 4 Door Rubicon Recon
Retired and Under New Management (See Spouse For Details)
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 06:26 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
GeorgiaRV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
Guys this was from last year...any recalls were from around this time last year and all has been corrected since.

If you never had yours done and it was built before mid 2017 I would call Jayco and see what they will do for you.

Give customer relations your vin# and they can tell you if your pulley bolt needs torqued or your jacks pump bracket needs bracing.

Again...this does not apply to late 2018 or 2019 builds.
Mine is a 2017 build date Sept 2017.
__________________
2017 Greyhawk 29MV

GeorgiaRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 07:33 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
cabinetmaker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Granbury
Posts: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaRV View Post
Mine is a 2017 build date Sept 2017.
I bet yours is included in the original recall. Yours was built almost 2 years ago. So glad you caught it before your warranty ends. They should have notified you last year.

They will still honor the repairs...but I would call my purchase dealer and Jayco. Cover all the bases. No fun for sure but it can be fixed.
__________________
2018 Greyhawk 29MVP
2018 Jeep 4 Door Rubicon Recon
Retired and Under New Management (See Spouse For Details)
cabinetmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2018, 08:44 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Kingman
Posts: 171
Quote:
Originally Posted by t18skyguy View Post
I haven't seen it, but when I looked at mine, I felt right away there needs to be a gusset on both sides of the L bracket at the intersecting lower corners of the bracket. This would take the shape of a triangle of 1/8 steel welded at both corners. A couple short straps of 1/8 steel would also work at the same area on both sides, but steel triangles would be better. The effect is simply to add a 45 degree angle reinforcement. It will be interesting to see what they want done. If they issued a TSB, then no doubt this has happened more than once.


When I first got my coach, I saw the potential problem and welded two metal straps from the frame to the mounting plate for the pump and reservoir. One on each side of the unit. That took all of the flex and stress from the pump unit. It is such a poor design from the factory that could have been avoided in the first place by whoever placed the original bracket on the frame.
gprapim is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 12:00 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
GeorgiaRV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Atlanta
Posts: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabinetmaker View Post
I bet yours is included in the original recall. Yours was built almost 2 years ago. So glad you caught it before your warranty ends. They should have notified you last year.

They will still honor the repairs...but I would call my purchase dealer and Jayco. Cover all the bases. No fun for sure but it can be fixed.
I called Jayco service center and talked to a John who promptly got me in touch with one of their service center dealers close to where I was located. They fixed it within 2 hours.Fully covered by warranty. I was back on the road in no time.
__________________
2017 Greyhawk 29MV

GeorgiaRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 03:25 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Manchester Center
Posts: 672
What model unit is this service bulletin for? Is this published somewhere?
__________________

RVermont is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Jacyo, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:53 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright 2002-2016 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.