Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-21-2019, 02:21 PM   #1

TSB #19‐022 Leveling Jack Hydraulic Pump Mounting Bracket Reinforcement

I took my 2017 Greyhawk 26y in to have this service bulletin taken care of today. When I made the appointment, they said they would inspect mine to see if it needed to be done. Not all require it. However, just about everyone they inspected did require the mod. They had the part on hand and it took about 35 minutes to complete the job. I did not get a picture before the repair but I but did take a picture after it was completed. My RV did not have any damage so it was a straightforward fix. The new bracket is bolted on to the existing bracket with 4 bolts.

Some folks have requested pictures so I hope these will give you an idea what it looks like.
Attached Thumbnails
20190821_112112.jpg   20190821_112145.jpg  
Tyeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 02:34 PM   #2

Thanks for posting.
2000 Jeep Sahara

"Any advice I give or facts I present are valid to the best of my knowledge,
but I am not responsible if you follow it and you **** your **** up."
Bullitt6283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 02:45 PM   #3

I guess I failed to get a picture of the two other bolts. They are located at the opposite end of the 2 bolts shown where it tapers down. I focused more on the brackets.
Tyeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2019, 06:57 PM   #4

Fascinating to see this. I put mine in the shop, but after 4 days went and retrieved it as they were not going to get to it for another week....made me mad.

Mine is the type where the u-channel the pump sits on is flush and tack welded to the frame rail. Jayco said, this type did not need the repair. That said, this repair looks a bit better thought out than the one that someone showed that broke off.

I will still likely have my son-in-law fab reinforcements and weld it up when I get home from seeing my twin great grandsons next week.
jd99336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 05:49 PM   #5

Tyeee, thanks for those pics. I may end up fabing that bracket myself. How thick would you say that bracket is? Where the bolts are located on that bracket, what would be the top to bottom measurement on that wrap around tab? If I can get one dimension I can figure the rest. I don't know that the dealer will come through for me. If I have to wait months I might as well do it myself. Thanks, Don
t18skyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2019, 05:03 PM   #6

I brought my 2016 MV 29 to Albany RV (NY) yesterday to get the bracket repaired. I made an appointment about a month ago when I made plans to pass Albany on the way to Vermont. I also asked for them to check out the lift system because one of the jack’s tended to stick and didn’t always extend all the way. After we went for lunch, the service person told me everything was done and as the bracket was welded, it didn’t require to be fixed. Also they readjusted the lift system which took several attempts. Then the best part was, no charge for this service! I have to say, that when I bought the new Greyhawk, four years ago, the process was seamless. I bought it for 30% off MSRP which I asked for and got an excellent price for my traded-in 2004 Greyhawk 27DS. Yesterday my salesman from 4 years ago, recognized me and came over to say hello. So I just wanted to let other Jayco owners know of a very positive experience at Albany RV.

2016 Greyhawk 29MV

Wherever you go, there you are!
LI-Camper is offline   Reply With Quote