Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-19-2015, 09:35 AM   #1

TV confusion - please help

Okay, last night tried using the TV in the rental Greyhawk 29XK (2015 if it makes a difference). I got a cable connection to use for cable TV and got that hooked up to both the connection in the post outside and the one in the RV.

Nothing - couldn't get it. I finally ended up watching a DVD, which was fine, but I wanted to see if there was anything on cable TV in this campground.

Does anyone know which setting I need to use on the TV? At home I watch all TV on line as we're cable/cord cutters, so I'm clueless about this.

My options are: TV, Components, HDMI 1, 2 and 3, PC and AV.

When we checked it out at home we checked out just TV for the antenna as we don't have cable at home to connect it to. When I tried the TV setting last night it showed me the same channels at home, but kept saying "no signal" so it's like it wasn't registering any over the air TV channels here at the fairgrounds in Corvallis OR.

Any ideas here on what I can do for connecting to cable at various campgrounds?

Thanks much!

(While I have lots of DVDs with me, there are still some shows that I'd like to catch while broadcast as I don't know if I'll have a strong enough wifi connection to watch on line while I'm on the road, in case anyone is wondering why I'm not just sticking with DVDs.)
Old 04-19-2015, 09:39 AM   #2

There should be a wall plate somewhere near or behind the TV with a button on it that switches from TV antenna to Cable input from external source. Ours won't work on external cable unless that button is pushed.
2015 F250 Super duty 6.2L full trailering pkg.
Loris, South Carolina.
rryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2015, 09:39 AM   #3

For starters, was your antenna raised? Did you press the button on the plate to switch between over-the-air and cable (if you have one). Also, were you in a different market than home? If so you need to go into the menu on the TV and have it scan for new stations since the frequencies will be different in a new locale. I would then tune your TV to a local station, and if it does not show then, go into menu and cycle through the different inputs.

Be sure to also make sure the jumper in the communications bay/shelf is hooked up right. On my Jay Flight 23RB there is a small jumper between two wall mounted coax fittings. My plate was upside down, so the A jack and B jacks were reversed. There was a sticker on there that instructs the user how to configure the jumper for over-the-air use and cable/satellite use.
Old 04-19-2015, 09:45 AM   #4
Site Team

Your menu selection should be set on "tv"

There should be another menu on your tv called Channel. You can select over the air or cable. Select "cable", then there should be another option to scan for channels. Select that option and the tv will scan the cable channels for active channels.
Get out of all that and watch cable.

When you get to a new location, you have to go thru the same routine, select OTW or cable and scan.

Hope you can figure it out.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote