Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-11-2017, 11:40 PM   #1

TV Doesn't Retract Back!

Hey guys, hope all is well.
I have a slight problem that I am trying to figure out and fix. I have the 2015 Jayco 29Mv with the TV to the right. It has a retractable TV at the foot of the overhead bunk that you press the button near the door that stopped working !
For the best of me I can't figure out where the "fuse" (if any) is located. Fortunately the TV is stuck where one can view it while sitting down on the sofa. Just can't put it back in place for traveling.

Anyone have this issue? If so, any info on how to fix this darn thing will be appreciated ! Thanks

S/
Rick

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 09:49 PM   #2

Loose wire

I had wire come out of connector that wasn't crimped enough. Reinstated wire and crimped connector.
Kerwin1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2017, 07:39 PM   #3

Thanks for the input. I double checked the fuses (again), and this time I replaced the one that controls the TV and amplifier and sure enough it was burned out. All is good. The problem initially was that the fuses that Jayco provided do not allow you to see if the fuse is good.

Looking at the underside of the fuse it appeared to be good. And no, I didn't have a fuse checker on hand.

Point being, you need to step back if you can't resolve the problem the first time and think "simple" Don't overthink a problem.

Any man can treat a lady right for one night, but it takes a great man to treat her right for the rest of her life.
GrayHawk51 is offline   Reply With Quote