Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-26-2013, 07:39 PM   #1

TV Questions

I have 2012 Grewhawk 31JK. On our first short trip just to try things out I noticed that my family could not watch TV while driving. Because I only have an HD antenna I knew there was no way to watch TV. I put in a DVD only to find out that it does not work either. I thought it would be like my SUV where you cannot watch from the cab but you still can watch from back seat on other screen. Is there a trick or something I need to do to allow them to watch at a minimum a DVD.

Is a satellite on roof system something that would allow this? If so is there one that you could recommend. Thanks
Sadams11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 07:52 AM   #2

Is your tv coming on? I have a 2012 Greyhawk 31DS and had to bypass the outlet cutoff relay so the tv would still have power. i havent tried to play a dvd. there are alot of posts on how to disable the relay if the issue is the tv not turning on. If that is not the issue then maybe try using a seperate dvd player other then the in dash on.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:01 AM   #3

I just disabled the relay on our 2005. Why there is a relay there is beyond me - you can't see the TV as a driver in a Class-C.
There are two 12v wires to the relay which is at the socket that the TV is connected to. You can clip one (install shrink tubing) or install a switch to keep the safety function.
The DVD is likely on the same outlet.
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:24 PM   #4

I figured it was something like that. The answer is no because the TV will not even go on. I was told that is probably the outlet for both TV's have that safety feature. Thanks for the responses.
Sadams11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 09:15 AM   #5

There is as small white or purple (depending on the year) wire on the back side of the outlet that the TV is plugged into. On my 2013 Greyhawk 31FK it was white. Snip the wire. It is a "safety" feature that shuts off the power in the outlet when the RV is not in park. Stupid. I almost refused to buy the 31FK when I found out that my kids couldn't watch DVDs while driving down the road.The dealer was very quick to "help me out" One of the big reasons I bought a motor home and not another trailer.
kginder is offline   Reply With Quote