Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 07-04-2017, 12:33 PM   #1

Tv replacement

I would like to replace my bedroom tv in our 2017 grayhawk 31DS that is no longer working after only 2 months. How does it remove from the wall mount.Thanks for any help with this removal. I hate to put it in the shop just to have the same tv ( Furrion ) put back in. I would rather buy a good tv.
Ljnasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:31 PM   #2

My wife and I also have a Jayco 31DS. The original front TV died. It was some obscure brand, the name of which I have thankfully forgotten. I went to Best Buy and bought a Insignia TV of the same size as the factory TV. It got a good write up in Consumer Reports and cost a whopping $130 dollars. I bought the extended warranty for around $20 on the theory that the TV will get bounced around on the road and my fail prematurely. So for about $150 I will have 4 years of pleasurable viewing. If it fails, I will unbolt it and return it to the store for a new one.

I had to drill some new mounting holes in the Jayco TV bracket. Other than that, it was a bolt on installation. It works much better than the original TV. Have travelled 3600 miles since we bought it. No problems so far.

2013 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS
2002 Honda Accord towed, ACME tow dolly
Northwest Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:35 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljnasa View Post
I would like to replace my bedroom tv in our 2017 grayhawk 31DS that is no longer working after only 2 months. How does it remove from the wall mount.Thanks for any help with this removal. I hate to put it in the shop just to have the same tv ( Furrion ) put back in. I would rather buy a good tv.
Whoops! For got to answer your question. You should be able to remove your dead TV from its mounting bracket by unscrewing 4 bolts. That is how my bedroom TV is mounted. It appears to have the standard 100 mm spaced mounting holes. So a new TV might truly be a bolt in. My main cabin TV had a non-standard bolt pattern so I had to drill some holes for the new TV.

2013 Jayco Greyhawk 31DS
2002 Honda Accord towed, ACME tow dolly
Northwest Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:43 PM   #4

I have a 2015 Jay Flight and so it may not be the same, but I had to remove my TV and it was hung with a quick release on reach side on the back side of the TV that attached it to a cable. Pulling the quick release on each side released the cable and got it off the wall.
morrisg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 03:31 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwest Bob View Post
Whoops! For got to answer your question. You should be able to remove your dead TV from its mounting bracket by unscrewing 4 bolts. That is how my bedroom TV is mounted. It appears to have the standard 100 mm spaced mounting holes. So a new TV might truly be a bolt in. My main cabin TV had a non-standard bolt pattern so I had to drill some holes for the new TV.
Thanks Bob, I can't get my hand behind the tv, I through they would have a quick disconnect .. I will try calling my service center tomorrow.
Old 07-04-2017, 09:18 PM   #6

I have a 2016 31DS . There is a strap at the bottom of the tv to release the bracket from the wall, allowing you access to the rear of the set.
Blue Ox Baseplate w/Aventa LX Tow Bar & KarGard II Deflector
Blue Ox Patriot Brake
tom463219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 04:23 AM   #7

I don't see a strap at the bottom, when you get a chance can you take a picture for me.
Thanks so much, Ljnasa
Old 07-05-2017, 01:42 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljnasa View Post
I don't see a strap at the bottom, when you get a chance can you take a picture for me.
Thanks so much, Ljnasa
TV with release strap extending below set. Pull on strap releases lock to allow tv to move. Pics are sideways for some reason.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1181.jpg   IMG_1182.jpg  
tom463219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2017, 02:58 PM   #9

Thanks, mine was a little different, it just sat on two stud bolts. Thanks for all the help, we are getting a new one tonight.