Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 12-07-2011, 03:46 PM   #21

Dealer had to get my in-motion sat working also. Was not working on delivery. Seems like all the things mentioned in this thread should be checked out by dealer BEFORE DELIVERY. Jayco has work to do if they want to restore their reputation.
Jay Flight 26BH - traded for Greyhawk
MichaelD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:45 AM   #22

You got that right. Won't even go into the issues I've had getting warranty items fixed.
It appears there's not a lot of quality assurance inspections done during the manufacturing process of the mh's.
Dealer appears to know less about the systems than I do. Took me a month to find someone who understands the in-motion system and how it works (and to fix). Finally found someone (not a Jayco dealer) to fix.
Now to get the DVD system to work.
Tom Copeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 09:22 PM   #23

So, what was the actual fix to get sat tv or cable to play over the surround speakers?
psw757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 09:52 AM   #24

Still not fixed.
Removing the tv this weekend to see what I can find. It takes at least two people to work in that area.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:01 AM   #25

Removed the tv and found that the dvd was not even plugged in. Works fine now.
Guess the av/tv system is not part of a check at Jayco during manufacture of the mh.
Old 12-28-2011, 08:47 AM   #26

Glad to hear you got it working. The problem we have is not the DVD with the surround but the cable tv or satellite sound. When using the sat or cable the only sound is through the tv, when driving the rv and family in back trying to watch tv it is difficult for the to hear the tv speakers over the engine noise. If I could get the surround to work while using the sat/catv then it would be a lot better. Any ideas?
Old 12-28-2011, 10:16 AM   #27

Will work on that this weekend. Going on a short trip.
Don't believe the ss works with the tv either only the dvd.
Will check it out.
One thing i did find was if you have the outside speakers turned on the inside speakers are cut down in volumn.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:29 AM   #28

Send a message via MSN to jloving
Surrond Sound on Greyhawk

I have a 31FK setup. The main TV is in a corner cabinet to the left as you walk in the door. Just under the TV cabinet is a small drop down door where you would put your satellite receiver. If you open the drop down door and look on the outside wall there is a Video splitting box. It uses red/white/yellow cables and has one input with 4-5 output. There are two outputs plugged into this. One goes to the TV above it and one I think goes to the RWY outside connectors.

I am thinking that the input cables on the video splitter are coming from the DVD player in the front dash. I am not sure how the surround sound speakers are hooked up. It would be nice if they are hooked up to this splitter.

I looked up the manufacturer of the video box and called them. The box in the RV is only a splitter. Meaning it can take the signal from one source and split it to multiple. One to the TV inside and one to the outside. I asked if they had a switch box instead which they did. I bought a 2x3 switch box from them which I will install in the spring.

My idea is to have two inputs, the DVD player and my satellite receiver. Three outputs would be the main TV, the bedroom TV, and the outside RWY connections for TV outside. I can then decide which TV gets the DVD feed vs which gets the satellite feed by pushing a button. The new box actually uses the same power cable so I can use the existing one in the RV.

Now I have not installed this yet. One question is if the surround speakers are hooked up in any way to the RWY splitter.

If you have a Greyhawk made in 2010/2011/2012, but a different configuration, I would imagine it would be similar.

I'll post my results when completed. Maybe in March.. I'm in Mass and have winterized and taken all TVs out.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:56 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by jloving View Post
I have a 31FK setup. The main TV is in a corner cabinet to the left as you walk in the door. Just under the TV cabinet is a small drop down door where you would put your satellite receiver. If you open the drop down door and look on the outside wall there is a Video splitting box. It uses red/white/yellow cables and has one input with 4-5 output. There are two outputs plugged into this. One goes to the TV above it and one I think goes to the RWY outside connectors.

I am thinking that the input cables on the video splitter are coming from the DVD player in the front dash. I am not sure how the surround sound speakers are hooked up. It would be nice if they are hooked up to this splitter.

I looked up the manufacturer of the video box and called them. The box in the RV is only a splitter. Meaning it can take the signal from one source and split it to multiple. One to the TV inside and one to the outside. I asked if they had a switch box instead which they did. I bought a 2x3 switch box from them which I will install in the spring.

My idea is to have two inputs, the DVD player and my satellite receiver. Three outputs would be the main TV, the bedroom TV, and the outside RWY connections for TV outside. I can then decide which TV gets the DVD feed vs which gets the satellite feed by pushing a button. The new box actually uses the same power cable so I can use the existing one in the RV.

Now I have not installed this yet. One question is if the surround speakers are hooked up in any way to the RWY splitter.

If you have a Greyhawk made in 2010/2011/2012, but a different configuration, I would imagine it would be similar.

I'll post my results when completed. Maybe in March.. I'm in Mass and have winterized and taken all TVs out.
Did you ever get the tv surround sound working correctly?

I never got around to mine and is at the top of my list this spring. Need to figure out how to get the sat and cable to play through the surround speakers. Right now only DVDs play through the surround.

Anyone else have any ideas?

Thanks
Old 02-23-2013, 07:38 PM   #30

Just did this today. I have a 2010 Grethink 31FS. I have a Jensen TV. Removed the TV and found the audio out jacks on the back of the TV. The wires behind the TV where a real mess. It took some looking but I found a set of red white and yellow cables not hooked up to anything. I traced them back to a wire bundle that was coming up from the in dash DVD player. I plugged in the red and white cables into the audio out jacks on the back of the TV. Left the yellow wire disconnected. PUT the in dash DVD player in aux 2. Turned the speakers on the TV to external and had surround sound of the TV and antenna. BTW I had our RV at the Jayco dealer to have this done and they said it couldn't be. Hope this helps.
Riplin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 01:29 PM   #31

I have the same set of unused audio and video RCA cables attached at the front TV in my 31FS. The set that is connected to the TV allow sound to go TO the head unit in the dash and be blasted throughout the cabin on that system. Changing the TV speaker setting changes where the signal goes.... It is my understanding that the second set of wires is for a DVD player or satellite system. This will allow whole house broadcast through the head unit to al the RV outlets...Rear TV, outside TV etc.

It would be nice if the manual covered this.
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote