Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-13-2021, 05:00 PM   #1

Urgent help need, slide problem stuck me at RV site

Hi gentlemen,
Today I have an issue with Lippert slide control that bedroom slide can’t extract on Entegra coach 26D. I removed wood board and get access to the slippery slide controller, it keep flashing with 1 green and 8 red LEDs and according to the tag, it is motor 1 wire short between controller and the motor. However after I disconnected the cable from controller it still flash the same way,which seems doesn’t make sense since there is no motor connected at all.

Tried remove the power and apply again to slippery controller but no help

Checked around make sure there is nothing stuck in the way of slide.

Any suggestions so I can at least drive back to RV dealer for repair?

Thank you so much
Attached Thumbnails
C01D284D-0243-49E3-BDD8-E528AC1FD1D5.jpg  
kyuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 05:09 PM   #2

Oops... the problem is it was extended but not able to return which make RV not drivable .... my brain doesn’t work well now.
Old 03-13-2021, 06:02 PM   #3

Should be a manual operation if electrical system fails.
PaulB12
PaulB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 07:36 AM   #4

Have you tried the Manual Override?
2000 Jeep Sahara

"Any advice I give or facts I present are valid to the best of my knowledge,
but I am not responsible if you follow it and you **** your **** up."
Bullitt6283 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 10:21 PM   #5

HELP! I am stuck too. I have a 28.5 5th wheel (2019) and my slide out goes 1/2 an inch and stops, goes and stops. The back part of it barely moves at all so now its crooked. I just need to open it enough to get into the fridge and get m stuff out -- I need a band aid on how to manually open it. And no, I dont know how to do that which is why I am here can deal with the repairs when I return. Help please
Cvictoriac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 06:18 AM   #6

Had a friend with a 5th wheel and it had hydronic slides. Turn valve to manual and could move by hand, not real easy but doable.
PaulB12
PaulB12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 06:43 AM   #7

The controller looks familiar to me so i am thinking that your slide motors are in the upper corners of the slide inside the seal area. I have had a couple go bad. and they area easily replaced.

So to get you back moving again If you look in the upper inside corner and peel back the rubber seal you should be able to see the motor with in the track. You can remove the screw and lift the motor just slightly disconnecting the the motor from the track. need to do both sides then you can manually push the slide back into the rig. Don't forget to add some blocking inside to keep the slide from coming back out when going down the road

here is a video from Lippert https://support.lci1.com/videos/in-w...-disengagement
Berjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 09:17 AM   #8

Thank you all for the suggestions! I am able to do manual override to pull slide back and able to drive home. there are 2 motors there and motor1 is kinds of loose, I can easily shake it with one figure while another one is very solid. Something must be wrong with motor 1 and now I am trying to see how I can fix it.

Thanks again!!
Old 04-01-2021, 09:21 PM   #9

I want to update this thread about how I "fixed" it,

Well, 1 GREEEN 8 RED seems indicate something wrong with motor 1, especially the harness. After manual override and drove back home I start to order some harness from Amazon. Search "Lippert slide harness" can give a lot. Before I get those harness, tried to slide it out a bit to access to the motor from bedroom. What I found is motor 1 is not stand well, I can shake it with my figures while motor 2 is very solid. I checked the secure screw from outside. Even it is in the place, the screw is pretty loose, tried to enforce it but did not help. Went to lowes, brought similar screw, still does not help;

To double confirm it is motor1's issue; I switched from controller side, put connector for Motor 1 to Motor2, I am hoping it will flash 2 GREEN 8 RED but nope, it is still 1G8R.. weird.

Entegra coach has a very stupid design that Lipper slide controller is under the bed so once slide in, you have no way to access the controller. I want to use manual override to slide it out but not the controller is not accessable. From the pic, buttom left corner is where the controller sit. To access it I need to remove screw and a big piece of solid wood, then see what the pic shows. I am not sure why they need to hide it here.

By tried those triage steps it seems I need someone to help me. Called dealer around me, either they do not want to fix RV not bought from them, or booked out through June.

Tried google to find some mobile RV technician, either they ask $200 trip charge plus $200/h, or they are bit far from me so not willing to help. I said I can drive to them but no response after that..

Today I got the harness. What I plan to do is, if the Hall sensor from Motor 1 is not working, I can jump the Hall signal from Motor2 to Motor1 to fool controller. I guess those are 1.8v or 3.3v very low speed signals so drive 2 should be fine. The controller will get faked synced hall sensor signal from both and keep both move in/out. I jumped the cable, it worked fine!!

I will use it as a temp solution until I can find a good RV shop to fix it;
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_8409.jpg  
Old 04-02-2021, 09:19 AM   #10

Kyuan,
Note this post on relocating the slide controller so next time you can get to it.

https://www.jaycoowners.com/forums/f...tml#post950823

don_kleinschnitz is offline   Reply With Quote