Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-31-2016, 05:34 AM   #1

Using interior speakers

Hi, I have a 2015 Greyhawk 29MV and am wondering how to get the front TV sound to play on the interior speakers. Is that possible?

Thanks!

Regards,

John
Gmdjeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:12 AM   #2

Welcome to the forum! You could try a bluetooth transmitter and receiver. Plug the transmitter into the TV's headphone jack and the receiver into your stereo's input jack. I'm not sure if this set up will cause a noticeable delay in the audio as I have my TV directly wired to the stereo. Here is a Bluetooth receiver and transmitter Robot Check
Iraqvet05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2016, 07:46 AM   #3

I just use the A B C buttons on the front of my Furrion to get audio from my TV to the interior speakers.

But, I prefer to use my own 2.1 sound system to get audio. Much better audio quality The speakers that came with my TT are nothing more than sound makers and ill placed.

King Bed with Java Interior, (2X) Yamaha EF2000isV2
2012 Ram 4500, 6.7L Cummins Turbo Diesel, MegaCab = "Hagrid"
8'x12' BMCM Stake Bed, Cabin Chassis, 2WD
360 degree Virtual Tour
Fairenatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 05:58 AM   #4

Thanks to both ideas! I have a couple portable Bluetooth speakers ... I will see if my brand of TV has a headphone port. I know it does not have the A B C buttons, at least not on the front. I will look closer this weekend.

Any ideas on how _anything_ (not just the TV) can play through the speakers in the ceiling? The radio in the cab doesn't seem to.
Old 04-01-2016, 09:22 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmdjeb View Post
Thanks to both ideas! I have a couple portable Bluetooth speakers ... I will see if my brand of TV has a headphone port. I know it does not have the A B C buttons, at least not on the front. I will look closer this weekend.

Any ideas on how _anything_ (not just the TV) can play through the speakers in the ceiling? The radio in the cab doesn't seem to.
Does your dash-mounted radio have a fader control buried in its menu options? Although I have a '14 Seneca with a Clarion radio, I thought I had read most of Jayco's MH offerings were configured similarly just sometimes with different brand radios. On my setup I can dial it all the way to the front to silence the rear speakers or vice versa when I am camping and don't need the cab speakers on to watch television.

If you find it in the menu and dial up the rear speakers and still nothing, I suspect you have some kind of wiring issue or problem with the radio head unit itself.
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 09:42 AM   #6

Thanks! My radio is also a Clarion ... I will definitely check that out!

Regards, John
Old 04-01-2016, 09:58 AM   #7

Quote:
Thanks! My radio is also a Clarion ... I will definitely check that out!

Regards, John
I have the Clarion NX501, I hit the "Settings" place on the bottom of the touchscreen, then "Audio". Then you should be able to see the fader. You may have to scroll up or down to get to it since there are a lot of audio settings present.

As far as getting the front TV to play through the audio system, on my Clarion I have to select "Aux 2" on the input screen and then the audio output of the TV is fed to the front stereo. But I still have to have the fader control dialed so the back speakers are higher than the front so I have volume in the coach. I usually run it all the way to the rear so the cab speakers are quiet.

If you have RCA cables connected to the "Audio Out" connection on the TV as I do, you should be able to route TV audio to the cab radio and then play it out from the rear (coach) speakers.

It does seem (from other owner's comments) that how it works specifically in your MH may be dependent on who wired your coach. Not like a Ford or Chevy car where they are all expected to work identically!
Toads: 2019 Ford Edge ST or 2013 Ford Focus ST
Robbbyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 10:29 AM   #8

You may want to check behind your TV and see if it has audio output jacks. If it does, then all you need to do is move the Red/White RCA jacks to the output ones. Then, select your AUX mode on your stereo. We discovered this in our 2016 fifth wheel, withe Furrion stereo/TV system.

Quote:
Hi, I have a 2015 Greyhawk 29MV and am wondering how to get the front TV sound to play on the interior speakers. Is that possible?

Thanks!

Regards,

John
Queen Creek, Arizona
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2016, 11:55 AM   #9

Thanks!!!

My Clarion is also the NX501 and it checks out to be just like you described. That solved my questions and got me to find som other features, too.

Thank you all for the help!

Regards,

John
Old 04-01-2016, 12:42 PM   #10

Great! I'm glad it worked out for you. We all learn from each other on this forum!
Queen Creek, Arizona
tularockstar is offline   Reply With Quote