Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-19-2015, 12:23 AM   #1

Using the slide on the Redhawk 29XK

In April I'm renting one of these rigs for a month. I already know I can use it with the slide pulled in as it was that way at the rental place and I was fine with it.

However, if I do move the slide out, what should I do when I pull it back in? It does not have any covers on it, so I'm rather concerned I might get debris up there and things will get all mucked up and then I have to pay for it.

I'm planning on keeping the slide in for most, if not all of the trip. But if I do move it out, will it be worth it overall? And should I plan on getting on the roof (I'll add that I'm scared of unsecured heights and the roof of the RV could easily fall into that category) to clean it out, just in case?

I'm traveling by myself with my cat for company. But I might have friends visiting at some point and that might be when the slide is moved.

Thanks
Old 02-19-2015, 08:25 AM   #2
Site Team

Get a stepladder and a telescoping handle broom to inspect and push any thing out of the way. If you have a slide, use it. opening and closing it will become second nature quickly.

Most like the extra roominess.
Hughes PWD SP-50A, TST TPMS
Gator roll-up bed cover
B&W Turnover ball, Companion Std hitch
Can't find what you're looking on JOF? Try Jayco Owners Forum Custom Google Search
norty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 08:38 AM   #3

You are probably over thinking this. I used to climb up and sweep the slides every stop. Then I realized that in most places, i rarely had much on top of it. The drive is not located on top, so things wont get mucked up. Throw a 5 foot ladder in the garage and use it and a telescopic handle and wash brush to clear anything that may be there.
That will keep you grounded and off the top.
TX_Arvee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2015, 09:13 AM   #4

Thanks for both of your replies. Yeah, I probably am over thinking and freaking out over the situation. I've just never done this before, so I'm trying to figure out all the "what-ifs" ahead of time and get them to a point where I won't be freaking out.