Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 11-11-2020, 11:34 AM   #21

Hi Don,
Yes I did see your additions for using air to clear all of the lines and manifold, and am glad you included it in your docs. This is very important information, and I really think Jayco should add it to their documents. Maybe they have, and I just haven't been able to find it.

I've added your information to my winterizing procedure and will update my drawings and information when I get a chance.

Thanks again for your information, Bob
Bob91750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 11:50 AM   #22

Manifold failures???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob91750 View Post
Hi Don,
Yes I did see your additions for using air to clear all of the lines and manifold, and am glad you included it in your docs. This is very important information, and I really think Jayco should add it to their documents. Maybe they have, and I just haven't been able to find it.

I've added your information to my winterizing procedure and will update my drawings and information when I get a chance.

Thanks again for your information, Bob
Bob,

I was wondering if this is why some RVs have manifold valve failures and leaks.

I gave Jayco my documents. To date, I have not been impressed with their interest in making improvements to their design flaws.
Although the support group has helped me get through these problems they refuse to let me talk engineer-engineer. IMO this is why these designs never get improved. My guess is that the engineering dept doesn't know about them or isn't held accountable to fix them on the next version....sigh!

don_kleinschnitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 12:05 PM   #23

I have no doubt the general lack of information has caused failures in this as well as other systems within the motorhomes or campers. This is a can of worms that has been opened so many times that I hesitate to say anything about it.
I don't post very often in owners groups, but I read them a lot. Guess that's the only way we can pass along our information.
Thanks, Bob
Bob91750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 02:06 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by don_kleinschnitz View Post
Bob,
Thanks for the document its a nice addition to our docs. BTW did you notice the additional valve positions that I added for winterizing? It occurs to me that there is a couple of cases that during winterizing water could be left in the line/valves?
I thought that winterizing position was for sucking up antifreeze but mine only sucks up when I turn to water drafting. I know I could have said siphon lol
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2020, 04:59 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALJO View Post
Be careful with owner's manuals as they are usual general.
The decal near the valves are correct.
When those plastic valves leak, use Vaseline then they work as new.
ALJO, I’m Searching for help with my issue and I came across this thread, which I already commented on. But I’m looking for help with an issue I’m having. The plastic T on mine is leaking. I guess I’ll have to take it apart. You said use Vaseline on the plastic valves, are you talking about the valve stems or the threads connecting the Plumming?
Johnynorthland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 08:01 AM   #26

Greetings and thanks to all those offering information on this subject. Has anybody installed the Floe 636 Induratec Integrated Water Drain-Down System? Can anybody advise where it should be tied into the plumbing system on a 2020 model 29MV? Thank you and have a Blessed day.

Bob
Rfrancisco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 09:34 AM   #27

Thank you so much!
this is so much more clear then the OG manual.

cheers to a great forum!
pedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 10:31 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rfrancisco2 View Post
Greetings and thanks to all those offering information on this subject. Has anybody installed the Floe 636 Induratec Integrated Water Drain-Down System? Can anybody advise where it should be tied into the plumbing system on a 2020 model 29MV? Thank you and have a Blessed day.

Bob
I was looking into those for a while now and I wouldn't benefit from it. Once I winterize her, that's it. She's done till warmer weather. I suppose it's great for those that use their RV off and on in the winter. Neat product.
W/Air Lift air bags (front & rear)
Equal-I-Zer™ WDH & B&W Companion
TWP723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 04:47 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbahn View Post
Which plastic valves? The ones in the manifold are brass.
Not everything is brass. I replaced all of the plastic fitting with brass after chasing leaks. Do it now before you ruin your floors and walls.
rodpod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2022, 06:26 PM   #30

Manifold

Does anyone know the brand of the 3 way 5 function brass manifold that is referenced in these posts? Mines leaking and I can’t find the brand name
Richardpelc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 06:48 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardpelc View Post
Does anyone know the brand of the 3 way 5 function brass manifold that is referenced in these posts? Mines leaking and I can’t find the brand name
I purchased the brass valves at Lowes. They were not a manifold as such but individual valves. I imagine you can get them at (ugh) home depot as well.
Old 05-21-2022, 06:45 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodpod View Post
I purchased the brass valves at Lowes. They were not a manifold as such but individual valves.
Did they work?

Jayco Parts informed me yesterday that they are different. There is a T (tank) and I (inlet) 3-way valve, which makes sense, because they are mirror images of each other.
DavidandLennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 06:44 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidandLennie View Post
Did they work?

Jayco Parts informed me yesterday that they are different. There is a T (tank) and I (inlet) 3-way valve, which makes sense, because they are mirror images of each other.
They work just fine. Installed about a year ago no problems so far.
Old 08-22-2022, 09:21 AM   #34

Recently purchased a Melbourne 24L and the water center appears to work properly for everything except "Normal" operations. The water pump will come on but not pumping or pressurizing the system. Dealer believes it is a defective water system valve. These schematics will help, but has anyone else experienced or have any thoughts? Thanks!
ExSierra is offline   Reply With Quote