Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 06-06-2022, 09:50 AM   #1

Vehicle under warranty can't find dealer that would take it

Hello,
Our 2021 Jayco Greyhawk broke down on our way to Florida in Slidell, Louisiana.
We are having a hard time finding a dealer that would take it.
Any recommendations on what to do next?
PEaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 10:01 AM   #2

Depending on the issue you encountered, it may be best to just call a mobile mechanic and pay him out of pocket, even though you have a warranty. Finding a dealer to do warranty work on a Class C is challenging even when you are not travelling. I thought I had read that Ford has a phone number you can call for assistance that is listed in the owner's manual, perhaps calling that number would help.

Do you think your issue is one that a mobile mechanic can fix? ~CA
Old 06-06-2022, 10:02 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEaddy View Post
Hello,
What is the nature of the break down? Is it Jayco related or is it engine / Suspension related and which chassis do you have Ford or Chevy? What is the issue you are having finding a dealer to assist?

If it's a Ford Chassis you can use this link to locate a service center equipped to handle to vehicle -

https://fordcommercialvehiclecenter.com/

I'm not aware of a similar link for GM.

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 05:58 AM   #4

Service to Ford engine Class C

Unfortunately finding a Ford dealer to service the engine in the MH is a fundamental flaw in JAYCO. When Jayco purchases the engine it should be agreed that the engine supplier will honor the warranty claims and provide service to their manufactured product, the engine. In my area none of the dealers will provide service and I am speaking about the large truck dealers. I have been told its because of space required where as they can fit at least 3 dump trucks in the same space required by even a small
Class C. The problem is the profit driven and don't care of Jayco. No one buys a car or regular truck unless they can get service for the product. Jayco should state to engine manufacturer if service cannot be provided they should go elsewhere looking for engines. The problem is 100% the fault of Jayco.
xmtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 06:46 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmtraveler View Post
Unfortunately finding a Ford dealer to service the engine in the MH is a fundamental flaw in JAYCO. When Jayco purchases the engine it should be agreed that the engine supplier will honor the warranty claims and provide service to their manufactured product, the engine. In my area none of the dealers will provide service and I am speaking about the large truck dealers. I have been told its because of space required where as they can fit at least 3 dump trucks in the same space required by even a small
Class C. The problem is the profit driven and don't care of Jayco. No one buys a car or regular truck unless they can get service for the product. Jayco should state to engine manufacturer if service cannot be provided they should go elsewhere looking for engines. The problem is 100% the fault of Jayco.
The same applies to all CLASS "C"' and CLASS "A" brands and has absolutely NOTHING to do with JAYCO. Also not an engine issue it's a complete chassis issue. As you said many dealers don't have the room to get the rig inside for service. It's the FORD dealership, not FORD.

What other chassis do you suggest?
Old 06-13-2022, 08:36 AM   #6

Yes not just Jayco

Did not mean just Jayco which I iown. My point is no company should be selling products to anyone that requires periodic maintenance that they or their vendors can not back up with service and warranties. How would someone like to pay 200 or 300k for a brand new house and the roof suddenly leaked. You called the builder and was told you're own to try and fix it. You would be pis....d to say the least. My point is Ford, Chevy, or any other maker must be told they have to back their products in order to be purchased by rv manufacturer. I suspect they would if they thought they would lose the contracts which must be billions of $$.
xmtraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2022, 09:52 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
If it's a Ford Chassis you can use this link to locate a service center equipped to handle to vehicle -

I've had good success using that link to find Ford dealers that would work on my Class C. You can set parameters on the search page to only search for dealers that will accept Class C or Ford E-450 cutaways. The details page for each dealership shows the size of their biggest maintenance bay so choose one that will fit your rig then ask them for an appointment.
Old 06-13-2022, 10:13 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by xmtraveler View Post
to say the least. My point is Ford, Chevy, or any other maker must be told they have to back their products in order to be purchased by rv manufacturer.
As I said FORD does, it is your local dealer who doesn't. The link that Marcm157 posted shows many dealers who will service them.
Old 06-25-2022, 12:18 PM   #9

Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by PEaddy View Post
Hello,
. Go to frat American RV in Hammond la
Martplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 12:19 PM   #10

Go to great American RV in Hammond
Martplan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 12:42 PM   #11

Try Lamarque Ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcm157 View Post
What is the nature of the break down? Is it Jayco related or is it engine / Suspension related and which chassis do you have Ford or Chevy? What is the issue you are having finding a dealer to assist?

I'm not aware of a similar link for GM.
I'd had the same issue with my 2018 Winnebago Fuse, which is a 23 footer on a Ford Transit Diesel chassis. Even many of the truck dealers listed in this link would not service it, even though they *could* have. I finally got Lamarque Ford to take it and they told me they would service a class C up to 26 ft long. Ask for Trent in service, as he was the one I worked with. Good luck!
BobKantor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 01:28 PM   #12

Good luck

It is not easy to find a Ford dealership to work on your coach (when you do they are booked for weeks out). We had a issue with our coach and could not find a Ford light/ medium truck dealer that was within 150 miles of where were stranded.

I finally called a smaller Ford dealership (car) and explained my situation. He said we do not work on motorhomes but agreed to hook it up to the computer to see if he could help. Fortunately his diagnoses was we had a bad spark plug wire. He did not have the part in stock but was able to secure it from another dealership the next day. He told me I’d have to pay for the repair even tho it was under warranty, and I would have to seek reimbursement from Ford.

Still working with a Ford Pro team member to get my reimbursement but happy to get the temporary repair made.
Sanford Fl camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 01:34 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKantor View Post
... Ask for Trent in service, as he was the one I worked with. Good luck!
It is all about building relationships. Being on a trip makes this much more difficult, but sharing the information is one way to get it done.
Old 06-25-2022, 01:38 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanford Fl camper View Post
It is not easy to find a Ford dealership to work on your coach (when you do they are booked for weeks out). We had a issue with our coach and could not find a Ford light/ medium truck dealer that was within 150 miles of where were stranded.

I finally called a smaller Ford dealership (car) and explained my situation. He said we do not work on motorhomes but agreed to hook it up to the computer to see if he could help. Fortunately his diagnoses was we had a bad spark plug wire. He did not have the part in stock but was able to secure it from another dealership the next day. He told me I’d have to pay for the repair even tho it was under warranty, and I would have to seek reimbursement from Ford.

Still working with a Ford Pro team member to get my reimbursement but happy to get the temporary repair made.
I'm glad you got it fixed, but many on JOF say this would "never happen" at an auto dealership, only happens at a JAYCO dealer.
Old 06-25-2022, 03:10 PM   #15

Talked directly to Ford when we had an engine check light and the unit was less than a year old…in Atlanta, GA. Talked to Ford Corp. and they provided two Ford Truck dealerships about 45 minutes from me who would service the warranty. I had a engine fault reader and the problem was an O2 sensor. About a 30 minute job, but required a special tool. Ford dealership stated even though I told them the enginf fault code and what it was, if I would bring the unit in and leave it about 6 weeks (during the season) they would do the work. Took it to an independent, paid the $300 and got it fixed in 2 days. Ford will stand behind the warranty…way behind the warranty.
Skip76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 03:25 PM   #16

another example showing how sick is this industry ....

Ford F 150 Ecoboost Tow Max 3.73 2014

Equalizer hitch 1000/10000
homer1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 03:28 PM   #17

I hope we hear from the OP, PEaddy, what the resolution was.

While there are a few "feel good" posts regarding warranty service, the end result is usually it was problematic and the owner ended up out-of-pocket. It all adds up to me to not buy another.
OnTheGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 04:32 PM   #18

Rv dealers and ford

As many ford chassis’s as Jayco buy (and ) other rv manufacturers buy, There should be a better relationship between them and Ford.
If your rv breaks down and you are out of town , you should get some kind of priority, but it doesn’t happen.
greyhawktom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2022, 05:40 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by greyhawktom View Post
As many ford chassis’s as Jayco buy (and ) other rv manufacturers buy, There should be a better relationship between them and Ford.
If your rv breaks down and you are out of town , you should get some kind of priority, but it doesn’t happen.
I think FORD really wants to drop the cut-a-way chassis.
Old 06-25-2022, 05:51 PM   #20

Good reasons to buy a trailer.