Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 10-08-2022, 04:09 PM   #1

Vinyl Floor Yellow Spots

I own a 2022 Jayco Entegra Odyssey 26m and our vinyl floor has yellow spotting in various locations. Online research indicates this may be a known problem and a warranty issue with bonding glue leaching thru the thin yellow floor vinyl. Has anyone else experienced this issue and filed a warranty claim? How was it resolved?
Rvman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 06:23 PM   #2

I have 2022 Greyhawk that had the same spots come up! Had read on this forum of people having floors replaced and it was a big deal. My dealer had me bring mine in the day their floor guy was there. I did and picked it up that afternoon with yellow spots gone! Have no clue what they did but it worked and has not come back,
Ttlanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 06:33 PM   #3

This explains some yellow streaks we noticed today on the floor. Thanks for posting.
PullRite #4452 OE Adapter & #2700 SuperGlide Hitch
Stan&Sharon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 07:29 PM   #4

This has been going on with Jayco units dating back to at least the 2019 MY.

On the sidelines taking it all in.

Jopopsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2022, 06:24 AM   #5

I was scheduled to take mine in under warranty back in August. After seeing and hearing stories of how others came out I decided to leave it alone. Mine are exclusively in an approximately 2 square foot area right in front of the door. Rugs can do amazing things.
RetiredAndFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 02:03 PM   #6

Jayco Entegra Odyssey 26m floor yellow

Went to RV ONE and they did paperwork for warranty claim to replace the floor. They acknowledged this is a known problem. Will take several weeks before any work is done. Several day job.
Said the new glue is clear...hopefully that doesn't mean clear spots in future!
Old 10-10-2022, 02:16 PM   #7

Lots of posts on here about this issue. My concern was the dealer making it look worse than when I bring it in. There are pictures here of bright white caulk around edges, quarter round, and red thresholds where floor was pieced at bathroom and bedroom, and other damage done during the "repair". I had no confidence in my dealer returning my Greyhawk to me in better condition than I brought it to them in. Just my opinion from other work I'd seen done there.
Old 10-19-2022, 05:25 PM   #8

I am really curious if you are willing to call your dealer and ask what they used. And if the spots have come back. We have a 2021 Entegra Esteem and the spots were only in the bathroom and I have now noticed other areas. Dealer to inspect In December 2022 but we are very concerned about the flooring being replaced.
Tannu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2022, 05:43 PM   #9

Reply to Tannu

When I took my coach to the Dealer they documented the yellow spotting 10 days ago. I called today and they were just now finishing their paperwork to submit to Jayco/Entegra for warranty approval.

The explanation I received was that the problem was the type of glue they used that had a yellow base. The glue now is a clear base. This of course was at the point of manufacture.

Hopefully the glue now being used does not have the same issue.

Once they get approval (wonder how long that will take) the flooring has to be ordered (another unknown time frame) and then they will schedule the work and will need the RV for atleast a week.

My floor has spots in several areas throughout.

My personal feeling is that what we have now is unacceptable so have to risk the chance they will make it right hopefully before year end.

See photo as example.
Attached Thumbnails
20221010_135207.jpg  
Old 10-19-2022, 09:08 PM   #10

Good luck on it looking like a new one when you get it back. I decided to just put up with my 4-5 spots in my Greyhawk. Because most dealers can not replace floor and make it look good…I put a small rug over my spots in the bathroom and in front of kitchen sink……
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 07:14 AM   #11

Reply Florida Ranger

Our spots are numerous. Start at entrance all the way back to bathroom in rear. Some are spots. Others look like smears. I would have to carpet the entire coach to cover them all!

Catch 22 for sure.
Old 10-21-2022, 12:21 PM   #12

Search function works amazing

Lots of posts on this but OP starts a lot of threads so not surprised on another solvable by the search function

Good luck OP
Stavman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 12:54 PM   #13

Who asked you to chime in Stavman? Nobody forcing you to read or respond. If it's a topic you don't like, just find something you like better. And this isn't the first time I've read one of your cheap shots.
Old 10-22-2022, 12:59 PM   #14

Floor yellowing

It is the glue bleeding up thru the floor. The heat seems to make it worse.
I am on my second motorhome with the same problem...
My 2020 odyssey floor was replaced in 2021 by a Florida dealer under warranty. Took several weeks but it came out real nice. By the end of summer 2021 it yellowed again. They used the same defective glue. Sold it.

Now my 2022 Esteem has the same problem, same floor, same yellowing.
Evidently Jayco chooses to replace floors than to replace the glue.

We are having the 2022 floor replaced by a Jayco authorized repair place in Titusville middle of November. I am sure they will do good. It is a 30hr job.
This time with a different color vinyl also. We do not want to look at that grey floor again waiting to see 'spots'.

It takes a while and some emails, but Jayco has responded well.

jim
2022 Entegra Esteem 29V
Meadowlark Paint
jim7489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 01:36 PM   #15

Our spots were more orangish in color, and they seemed to multiply. They were all in a straight line with each other. The dealership pulled back the floor and was amazed at what they found. Some ding-dong at the factory used a red Sharpie to mark the truss lines on the floor. The red ink from the Sharpie bled up through the linoleum causing permanent damage. We complained to the dealership on three separate occasions. Finally after the spots had babies and multiplied, the dealership said they look at it. But then said “Sorry, your 2 year warranty was up last month, Jayco won’t cover it”. We’re still fighting with them because we brought it yo their attention the first summer they appeared. We thought it was someone at the dealership that spilled something. They kept telling us to use different cleaners. Ugghhh!
K Holbrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 02:18 PM   #16

We had so so many of these on our 2019 Greyhawk that went from yellow to orange. Dealer said they had no idea what it was so I asked my buddy Dr Google and found it was a glue issue on many RVs. Emailed my other buddy Jayco who said they would cover the cost for dealer to repair, dealer BS and staged their feet so I emailed Jayco again and if we could get it to Indiana they would redo the floor. We did they did with a much nicer floor and fab job. Due to things happening in our life the beast is up for sale, had we not replaced the floor it would have cut price by 10,000$. Thanks again to Jayco for standing by their product even when it was out of warranty.
Sunshine67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 02:19 PM   #17

Email Jayco, we went over our dealers head so much they have a path
Sunshine67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 05:18 PM   #18

After reading all these posts I regret blaming the dogs for the yellow spots. Ours is under the table about where the dogs stay in a crate most of the time. Not planning on changing the flooring. The dogs said "Thanks for clearing this matter up ! ".
Joey55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2022, 10:26 PM   #19

You cannot rely on these dealers to fix all problems. They are not like car dealers who deal exclusively with one auto manufacturer who give tremendous support to their dealer network. For some problems you must go to the factory service center to get the work done. They can literally do anything and take pride in their work and product. Also, if you are willing to spend the money there are talented repair shops who work on rv’s who do amazing work, but they are not authorized to do warranty work.
Dmarcian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 03:28 PM   #20

My 2021 Jayco Redhawk 22C had bad discoloration along with the yellow spots. Dealer replaced the flooring under warranty. Out of the 4 items I had them look at for warranty repair, the flooring was the only thing they got right. Mind you my rig was dirty on pick up and will have to be detailed. That being said I'll not be going back for warranty repairs unless it's a big item.
8thdwarf is offline   Reply With Quote