Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 05-06-2021, 02:29 PM   #1

Voyager Back-Up Monitor Mount

Hello, new owner of a very clean, used 2008 Jayco Melbourne 26A with 33k miles. Was a bit older than I had in my search parameters, but the condition, milage and price convinced me to take a chance on it. Had my mechanic go thru it, put on new tires and got the front end aligned. We have done a couple of local overnighters to evaluate and identify any issues and are working thru a number of small items (as I expected.) We are close to having the level of confidence needed to get out of State on a more significant adventure.

The reason for this post is the intermittent working of the back up camera. I have searched a number of posts and it seems the first thing to check is the camera and monitor connections. Long build up to my question, but does anyone have advice on how to access the monitor within the plastic housing attached to the headliner? I found two plugs (one on the side and one on the back), but after removing them, I still cant see inside the housing to even see what they provide access to. Any advice, links, etc is appreciated.

Chris
SoCal
Attached Thumbnails
51B6F015-E11F-41F0-BD08-39A134F88D6A.jpg  
CWRoady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 09:48 AM   #2

bump
Old 06-10-2021, 01:06 PM   #3

Simply pull down. There are three tension clips holding it to the headliner. Wiggle slightly while pulling down and it will release
selahdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2021, 01:16 PM   #4

Thank you for the reply. I did eventual get it, but it was so tight I had a janky feeling I was going to break something. Good news/bad news is all the connections seemed good. I did "deoxIt" them while I was in there. I found a left rear turn signal bulb that was shorting itself intermittently and the camera has worked since fixing that short. Hoping the ground issue there is somehow related to the intermittent camera issue ... fingers crossed.

Again, thanks for the reply, I figured my rig must be too old for folks on the board.