Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 02-06-2020, 08:59 AM   #21
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmboy98922 View Post
looks like you have sat line in wall make sure you have satellite cable hooked to satellite input on out side of your rv you should have cable, satellite, and aux input lines outside
I am not sure if you are talking about my rig or the OP but with the 2018 Greyhawk there is a cable hookup in the electrical cable compartment and Sat hook up (2) on the roof.

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:11 AM   #22

If you are looking at the 2 connections on the roof toward the rear of coach,,those are for solar panel hook up..
Florida Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:20 AM   #23
CAG

Yes, the Solar is to the rear. I have two Sat connections a little further forward.
I should add that there are two RG8 connectors labeled Sat in the cabinet over the door with the other TV connections. One of those is rewired to the cable line and used in the connection of the DISH to the system.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 0086866_F_1-2_032717.pdf (189.6 KB, 34 views)

CAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2020, 10:27 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florida Ranger View Post
On 2018 Greyhawk you only have cable hook up outside..
True. We learned that early on and ended up with a coax and a flat connector going through my front side window to our Dish antenna up front. Hooks up to my Wally receiver and we get usually great reception, when I can get a clear line of sight south.

We switched from DirecTV since the difference in cost was enormous. A DirecTV antenna was around $1200 - $1500 if you wanted HD and needed to be mounted on the roof. Plus they added a monthly extra receiver charge, though mostly we would only be in our RV once or so a month.

Dish was about $250 for the antenna and that included (special at the time) a receiver. Plus, they only charge $7 a month add on and only when you actually use the system. So when it is too hot in August or cold in Jan, we don't take the Greyhawk out and do not pay for service that month.

And frankly, we don't always hook it up for a short weekend where we get local antenna channels (or if I want to stream from a connected phone via HDMI).
Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX
--
Click_here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 05:39 AM   #25

Satellite Dish

We have a Winegard, it will not work using the factory connections. This is Dish's own words, too many connections in the line. We have a flat cable about 6 inches long, we run it out the window behind the TV hook up to the satellite box and off we go, works perfectly. But you can only watch on 1 TV without moving cable and box. That being said, we have stopped using the portable dish and just use Dish Anywhere on our phones and connect to TV's! A whole lot easier than the portable dish!
Leon and Dawn
LeonDawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2020, 03:33 PM   #26

Send a message via AIM to drwjudd Send a message via MSN to drwjudd
Wally Receiver

If you're still having issues...

My panel on the outside compartment has a SAT1 (living area) and SAT2 (bedroom) connection - I was connecting cable to SAT1 and could not get a connection - after spending countless hours troubleshooting, I finally decided to try connecting to the SAT2 and BINGO! Apparently, either the labels were incorrect or connections to the panel were wired backwards... Go figure!
drwjudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 02:42 PM   #27

Did you get a response that worked? I am having the same problem with my 2020 Jayco SLX 237RBS.
Rrobinson51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 03:25 PM   #28

I gave up trying to use my cable feed. I ended up ripping all existing coax out and running 2 direct lines for my 2 receivers with separate inputs. I ran all new solid copper RG 6 for both CATV and satellite. I believe the Jayco employee that wired my trailer was told to use up a hundred foot roll of RG 6. The routing of the original cable was mind boggling...

2022 33RBTS
Progressive Industries EMS - Hardwired
Equalizer 4 Point WDH
2021 Ford F350 7.3
Air Lift Rear Bags w/ On Board Compressor (Pending)
2016 28BHBE - (Traded and Missed already)
Marcm157 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 07:37 PM   #29

Planning on feeding the included 50’ coax through the hole behind the outside TV into the compartment with the bluray/dvd player and selector, where Wally will reside. HDMI from Wally to selector and can then see image on any of the three tv’s by using the selector. When parked, will run the coax from the outside TV compartment out to tailgater. Will start next week and will report.

Gus and Jeanette and the Hunter Dawg in
Jada's Hut (a 2017 Precept 35S) towing a
2016 Jeep Cherokee High Altitude Limited
Palms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 06:51 AM   #30

Yes indeed the best way is to permanently re-route wiring behing coax receptacle. I did so and was able to install our receiver in comparment next to plug permanent, and we use satellite with outside receptacle then so we can locate best to receive signal.
Dgibbster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2021, 11:07 AM   #31

Picking up today and will install temporarily and then to the MH to see the best way. Some people seem to have connected the coax from the antenna to the male plug in the wet bay and the Wally at the plug inside the cabinet. Will obviously try that first.

Old 04-30-2021, 06:42 PM   #32

It’s working but not through the sat connection in the wet bay. I snaked the coax from the sat antenna to the compartment where the DVD player and switch are located, after putting the Wally there. From the Wally to the switch and now any TV van be used. The remaining coax is coiled near the outside TV when not in use. It does mean that I have to open the external TV hatch slightly to let the coax pass through to the outside antenna. Sure would have been nice to just use the male sat connector in the wet bay and make connector labeled sat in the compartment to the Wally. Oh well[emoji17]