OK!! half way done. Didn't have to cut down the u-bolt length. Other than that it is going like I said above. It would go a lot quicker if I had a 4" long deep well socket so I could use the impact wrench.
But, I do have a 7/8" ratcheting combination wrench. I started off using a 6", 8" would have been better c-clamp, but it isn't needed. After breaking loose the lock nut the combination wrench had no problem running up the nuts. Very little umph was required. Just do one side a little, then the other. Takes a while because of the fine threads. Also measure the thread length at the end and keep them the same. Seeing as how there was no lock washer between the nuts I put on a little blue locktite on the lock nut. Get that from most shops - NOT.
Took me about an hour and a half, that included gathering up the tools, etc. Decided to do the other side tomorrow. Getting dark out and the temp is down to 28. Might go a bit quicker tomorrow except the rear u-bolt is partially blocked by the exhaust. Just something to work around. No biggie though.
Also, don't see any danger doing it oneself, just the cold gets to ya.