Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 03-23-2017, 10:22 AM   #1

Warranty Work at Jayco Plant

We had some major concealed water damage on the coach floor behind the driver seat in our 2015 Greyhawk that we reported last fall. Seems the seal between front cap and the top fiberglass flashing behind door is a common area of concern (both driver and passenger side) and should be checked on all Greyhawks. Ours was not properly sealed at the factory and we had water leaking inside wall and under flooring since it was built in March of ’15. After hearing water dripping behind the wall during a heavy rain, and noting that floor was not smooth in the corner near sofa, we assumed a problem. Last fall local dealer pulled back vinyl floor and found major water damage to floor and wall with black mold on all surfaces. Dealer felt that this repair was a little much for them so they made arrangements with the factory to do the repair(s). Wall slide had to be removed, wood decking had to be removed/replaced that was damaged, total vinyl floor replacement throughout coach was needed and finally all fabric items (mattresses, seat cushions and carpet) in coach replaced (due to airborne mold spores).

Now the good news.

Jayco factory was awesome with regards to this factory repair. Service rep called every week while the repair(s) were taking place with follow-up email and photos of problem areas and work completed. Full punch list of all other minor warranty items was completed while at the plant. Jayco even made arrangements to have a 3rd party company test for mold upon completion and the paperwork was given to us with results. – clear!

We picked up the unit yesterday at the plant and met with the service rep, shop foreman and service tech responsible for the majority of the work completed. He and the service rep went through the coach with us item by item referencing completed work and answering any questions or concerns that we had. I can’t say how happy we are with the way this major issue was handled by Jayco and their staff. Often you only hear about the bad on this forum, but I think the good should also be noted when warranted!
2017 Ford Edge w/Blue Ox Setup
To Yosemite... and Beyond!
MrJackSprat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 10:29 AM   #2

Glad everything worked out. It's nice to hear when things go well and not just the bad all the time. Any chance you could post a picture of the area that wasn't sealed well? I'd like to check ours out as well.
2019 Open Range 310BHS - (a Jayco Division)
drk98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:22 AM   #3

As I await delivery of my new Seneca, I always have the fear of something going terribly wrong with the unit. It is so good to hear that you were treated right by Jayco. Thank you for the reassurance and I am happy they got things right for you.

Mark
Mark S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 11:51 AM   #4

Posted the problem area where cap meets vertical fiberglass wind diffuser. Also posted some before and after photos of problem area in coach.

Old 03-23-2017, 11:58 AM   #5

This is why I chose to go with JAYCO in the first place.
Before I bought, I had an independent RV repair man tell me 2 or 3 companies that stand behind their warranty and 2 or 3 that didn't. Jayco was at the top of his list. He said most companies offer a one year warranty where Jayco offers a 2 year warranty and they don't try to deny claims like some of the other companies!!
kayakterp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:11 PM   #6

I agree, but just because a company boasts a warranty, doesn't mean crap if they don't follow through with repairs in a timely and efficient manner... or their product is crap in the first place. I remember about 15 years back when Hyundai was pushing their 10 year warranty as 'best in the business', but their cars were nothing but problems and their warranty service was even worse. Again if your car is always in for servicing (even though free under warranty), what good is the warranty if you don't have a car to drive?

Jayco has a good warranty, a good product and even better service as compared to most other MH products in this price range.
Old 03-23-2017, 12:44 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJackSprat View Post
I remember about 15 years back when Hyundai was pushing their 10 year warranty as 'best in the business', but their cars were nothing but problems and their warranty service was even worse. Again if your car is always in for servicing (even though free under warranty), what good is the warranty if you don't have a car to drive?
My 2012 Sonata has 150K miles and has been the most problem free car I've owned so far. Gonna go get me anudder Hyundai.

Probably doesn't matter to most, but it affected me - the Jayco warranty is great- but it doesn't transfer. We bought our nearly-new Grayhawk from another person and we lost the warranty.

That said - I knew it ahead of time; I've called Jayco for help a few times and they've responded as if I was under warranty and I too plan on driving there for some service direct from the plant!

Seems like all RVs will have some problems sooner or later. Just a matter of time. I'm happy I picked Jayco because I'm confident things will get fixed properly!
pconroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:52 PM   #8

My 2016 Redhawk 29XK does not have a Jog in the vertical wind diffuser to bottom of Cap. My diffuser to bottom of cap is straight across.
elcheapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 05:24 AM   #9

Great to hear positive news! We have our 2016 Greyhawk in at the factory for some minor warranty stuff and have gotten the status update call as well.

This is one of the main factors of purchasing from Jayco. I'd rather take it to them for work since I know it will be done right. Only down side was scheduling an appt since they are so busy. I plan to schedule another appt for March 2018 when we pick ours up in a few weeks just as a place holder for warranty work (our warranty expires on 4/1/18).

I'll keep you guys posted on how things go.
Old 03-24-2017, 07:16 AM   #10

Jayco took care of my leaking slide on my Precept 35UN, The factory warranty service center went out of their way to please us, When there they did a Door modification that I was promised, They modified the Accordion door to the bedroom with a sliding solid door, the dealer quoted me 2 hours to do this, it took Jayco 2 days, they did it completely right, It is beautiful, and they did not charge me a thing for this modification. I cannot say enough great stuff about the service I received, I am going back in 2 weeks to get the spider cracks around my windshield fixed, I have 100% confidence that it will be perfect. Love Jayco customer service, second to none.
Attached Thumbnails
36UN at CS.jpg  
nma33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 08:00 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJackSprat View Post
I agree, but just because a company boasts a warranty, doesn't mean crap if they don't follow through with repairs in a timely and efficient manner... or their product is crap in the first place. I remember about 15 years back when Hyundai was pushing their 10 year warranty as 'best in the business', but their cars were nothing but problems and their warranty service was even worse. Again if your car is always in for servicing (even though free under warranty), what good is the warranty if you don't have a car to drive?

Jayco has a good warranty, a good product and even better service as compared to most other MH products in this price range.
That is was the reason I wanted a Jayco. Because an independent RV service man told me that Jayco does not try to deny claims and is good about fixing things if needed.
I owned 2 Hyundai Sante Fe's a 2003 & a 2009. Both were great suv's, I drove my 2003 thru hell & back and never once got stuck. I pulled a kayak trailer with them, most of the time with multiple boats on it. Through deep sloshy mud, wet sand, soft river gravel, snow & ice. Never got stuck. I had to trade in my 2009 for a truck to pull my RV or I would still be driving it
kayakterp is offline   Reply With Quote