Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 08-02-2014, 02:48 PM   #1

Watching DVD's on 40" TV

We have an in-dash DVD player that's part of the GPS/radio/etc. system (can't remember what it's called) and can't figure out how to view DVD's on the 40" tv that comes up by the dinette. Does anyone know how this works.
barnkittie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:04 PM   #2

Rough guess. Using your remote ... find the source button or maybe it is mixed in the menu. You should be able to scroll to HDMI or other sources of receiving signals.
'13 Wrangler Sahara...AKAFUN
Roadmaster base plate
Ready Brute Elite towbar and brake combo
D&MAKAFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 05:59 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnkittie View Post
We have an in-dash DVD player that's part of the GPS/radio/etc. system (can't remember what it's called) and can't figure out how to view DVD's on the 40" tv that comes up by the dinette. Does anyone know how this works.
Test drove the 31UL yesterday, and I asked the salesman. Because it's the same radio as the one in the 29 (bunk model) it has the capacity to be hooked to a TV, but in the 31UL it is not. The 29 has the over cab TV and he said it's "probably" hooked up on that one, but the 31ul has no components hooked up to it. The worse part is, if you intend to hook up something to the TV in the 31ul, you apparently need to remove the window valance to get to the inputs.
I learned all this by asking questions, and know none of it first hand, so take it as that......hope it helps

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 06:56 AM   #4

Our 29ks was hooked into our overhead 32" tv. We take the tv remote hit menu and go from there, selecting input. The DVD also works in the bed room tv.
short kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2014, 08:41 AM   #5

On my MH I have to use the TV remote to change the input to "AV" or something like that...I know my multimedia head unit is connected to the TV via RCA cables.
Old 08-04-2014, 08:58 AM   #6

Interesting Joe. Hope the test went well. Short Kid, do you use the monitor at all for watching DVDs? Did you insert the DVD in the dash components?
This next weekends outing has a big "to do" list. A lot of systems to become educated on. We have connections for electronics in the overhead, passenger side for adding components. But the in dash monitor has menu options for DVD VIDEO PLAYER and the Clarion user guide has step by step instructions. It is possible DVDs can only be played on the monitor screen. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
More research ahead.
'13 Wrangler Sahara...AKAFUN
Roadmaster base plate
Ready Brute Elite towbar and brake combo
D&MAKAFUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2014, 05:30 AM   #7

Spoke with Jayco directly, and they said the DVD unit in the dash IS hooked up to the Living room and Bedroom TVs. Salesman still says they are not; so go figure.
I guess I won't know until I dig in and figure it out myself...unless any of you guys have done it and chime in...

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote