Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
Jayco RV Owners Forum

Old 04-16-2021, 07:09 PM   #1

Water Dripping From Lower Rails

Anyone have any idea why I would see water dripping at the seams on the lower trim rails? I just put water into my fresh water tank and started seeing a drip. Have a pretty significant wet area after just a few hours. Any thoughts? Can't see anything leaking underneath and compartment with water connections appears dry?? I'm puzzled. This is a 2019 Greyhawk. Had my low point drain valve clipped off but just had it repaired. Has to be related, but can't see any source of a leak? Could it be leaking inside the wall?
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
TheContentedCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2021, 09:07 PM   #2

Which model Greyhawk? Something sounds fishy.
Bathroom, kitchen, outside shower or anything else with fresh water on that side? If you can't see something from under it, its got to be coming from inside somewhere.
Old 04-16-2021, 09:49 PM   #3

That happened to me a lot. Remember where water drips is often not the source. Get in the storage areas and feel around for wetness. We had a loose connection (twice) around the water pump. Others have had loose connections on the valves and fittings. Others have had shower drain leaks.

Mine drips when filling because the connection isn't tight. It drips into the white compartment when filling. Then instead of straight down the small drain hole, some of it wicks out the drain hole, across the "basement" and out the other side at the same rail.

Don't worry too much (yet).
Old 04-17-2021, 06:43 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by pconroy View Post
That happened to me a lot. Remember where water drips is often not the source. Get in the storage areas and feel around for wetness. We had a loose connection (twice) around the water pump. Others have had loose connections on the valves and fittings. Others have had shower drain leaks.

Mine drips when filling because the connection isn't tight. It drips into the white compartment when filling. Then instead of straight down the small drain hole, some of it wicks out the drain hole, across the "basement" and out the other side at the same rail.

Don't worry too much (yet).
This helps, thank you. And this was my first thought as I had just partially-filled the fresh water tank. Will give it some time to see if it dries and do some more digging. Thanks for the advice!
TheContentedCamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 08:51 AM   #5

I had a leak like that once. The water pump housing was cracked.
SmokerBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 02:50 PM   #6

Sounds like the shower faucet, I met this exactly months ago.
kyuan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 06:35 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheContentedCamper View Post
This helps, thank you. And this was my first thought as I had just partially-filled the fresh water tank. Will give it some time to see if it dries and do some more digging. Thanks for the advice!
Help me to understand, is this the FIRST time you have put water into the tank, or it the first time you have Seen a leak??
Old 04-19-2021, 07:21 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheContentedCamper View Post
Anyone have any idea why I would see water dripping at the seams on the lower trim rails? I just put water into my fresh water tank and started seeing a drip. Have a pretty significant wet area after just a few hours. Any thoughts? Can't see anything leaking underneath and compartment with water connections appears dry?? I'm puzzled. This is a 2019 Greyhawk. Had my low point drain valve clipped off but just had it repaired. Has to be related, but can't see any source of a leak? Could it be leaking inside the wall?
I recently had this as well discovered that the filter bowl at the water pump was loose and was leaking, water pump is under the bed just above that area you have in the picture
Berjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 09:14 PM   #9

Mine also drips in the exact spot on the OP's picture while filling and for a while later if the connection is not perfectly tight.